CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Especially with inventory delays-my CTX has been at the dealers service dept since August (just before the extended warranty expired) to address an issue with the back angle sensor that is causing massive confusion for the ECU!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just me but I would not accept the bike being down for 4 months when I paid good money for the extended warranty. If you research the exact parts that they say are back ordered you may find they are readily available from parts suppliers like partszilla. Its rare that the Bank angle sensor is bad and if so it would kill the EFI and totally shut the bike down where if it’s the “shift spindle angle sensor” many times this will throw a code because the bike is not shifting properly but it is not bad but reporting that the shift spindle is not in the correct position because the “gear shift reduction motor” is weak and not ratcheting the spindle into the correct position.
I appreciate your time and I will suggested that to their service manager on Tuesday when he's in again keeping you posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts