CTX 700 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
That looked sharp I like the way that color pops. What color is it?馃ぉ
It鈥檚 a custom blend. 4 parts Tangelo Orange, 1 part Bright orange, and 1 part Copper. Micro flake (0.004鈥)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
鈥 add 3 parts Makers Mark and it'll be perfect!:D
A good pour for sure, but I have been leaning more towards the rye's lately. Current favorite is James E. Peppers 1776 Rye.... neat of course....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
This took a bit of a back seat for a little while with my son deciding to make his appearance a month early (he is doing well). Got to spend an hour or so last night reassembling the misc bits and pieces I had to remove from each panel for painting. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to spend more time installing all the other misc bits and pieces on the bike before I get the panels put back on the bike.

List of mods I need to install before putting the panels back on:
Madstad windshield
Madstad kick stand pad
Center stand and stopper
Chain oiler
LED headlight
Aux tail light with flasher mod and build harness adapter
Shad saddle bag mounts
Remove and paint exhaust
Reflective rim tape

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
speaking of looks can anyone recommend bar ends they like?
Pretty sure a search of the forum will yield the results you want without taking this thread completely off topic. Alternately, a new post will get you much greater response instead of being buried 9 pages deep in a completely unrelated topic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Still have a few things to do and the sun wasn't really cooperating but here she is. This was about 10 minutes after getting the last panel put back in place (less the exhaust for painting).

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Untitled by Mike, on Flickr

Premium Member
Very Nice EC!!

That thing is really sparkling..... I鈥檒l bet your wife is rolling her eyes when you鈥檙e taking a dust cloth to it every hour........

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Very Nice EC!!

That thing is really sparkling..... I鈥檒l bet your wife is rolling her eyes when you鈥檙e taking a dust cloth to it every minute.......
Fixed it for you... I am in the midwest and you know how bad the pollen is this year. :laugh:

Premium Member
Very Nice EC!!

That thing is really sparkling..... I鈥檒l bet your wife is rolling her eyes when you鈥檙e taking a dust cloth to it every minute.......
Fixed it for you... I am in the midwest and you know how bad the pollen is this year. /forum/images/CTX700Forum_2015/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Ha!!!! I鈥檒l bet.... How far are you from Overland Park? (We are heading to the MIL鈥檚 in the not to distant future and I鈥檓 looking for an excuse to duck out......)

Reactions: explorecaves

Registered
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Ha!!!! I鈥檒l bet.... How far are you from Overland Park? (We are heading to the MIL鈥檚 in the not to distant future and I鈥檓 looking for an excuse to duck out......)
Over in Belton. Depending where in OP it can be about 30 minutes on the south side to almost an hour on the north side.

Premium Member
Over in Belton. Depending where in OP it can be about 30 minutes on the south side to almost an hour on the north side.
Got it..... I鈥檒l pm you when I鈥檓 heading that way to see if you can get away from that baby..... 馃檪

Registered
explorecaves, I notice you have the Shad side cases and have kept the passenger grab bars. Have you done anything about the tight clearances for the Shad key and the mounting lever? As others here have done, I just kept the grab bars off, but the bike looks unfinished that way.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
explorecaves, I notice you have the Shad side cases and have kept the passenger grab bars. Have you done anything about the tight clearances for the Shad key and the mounting lever? As others here have done, I just kept the grab bars off, but the bike looks unfinished that way.
It is a little tight, but if you spend an extra 1-2 seconds to orient the key with the nub to the outside/front then it isn't too terrible.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.