CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I changed my bars to something very similar. I found myself riding aggressively with bent elbows and thought “man this is dumb”. Lowered the bars by like 6” and it’s like a new bike. Didn’t require cutting cables either, just had a little slack to manage on the front brake. I find I ride with much better posture too, with a straight back instead of sitting upright and being a slouch.
I might try risers in a straight bar. And I’m probably going to get a customized seat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good question , I have no idea :), it looks way better and sounds way more throatier like a real Motorcycle. Made way more of a difference.
Did the new exhaust have any effect on gas mileage? Any effect on performance?Do you have a hanger on the muffler or is it just hanging on the exhaust pipe? Thanks jasperj

·
Registered
2014 CTX700, 2014 CTX1300
22 Posts
No impact on fuel economy for me. Getting one or two under 60MPG, but I beat on it and really am riding mostly under 55MPH; lots of commuting.

Performance doesn't seem any different either really, but who knows. I use the supplied hanger, I bent it and attached it to the inside of the stock exhaust hanger area.

Really not necessary but I wanted the pipe to sit in close as possible.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
21 Posts
No impact on fuel economy for me. Getting one or two under 60MPG, but I beat on it and really am riding mostly under 55MPH; lots of commuting.

Performance doesn't seem any different either really, but who knows. I use the supplied hanger, I bent it and attached it to the inside of the stock exhaust hanger area.

Hope this helps...

View attachment 88232
View attachment 88233
Hi jbone,It helps alot,I dug up a muffler I had on a bike years ago,it looks alot like yours,even the bracket.When I get time,I'll do some testing to answer my own questions,jasperj

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about a weight-savings comparison between the stock CTX700 exhaust and the Voodoo aftermarket?
MOTOGeezer,I have a muffler that looks alot like B Bailey's.I weight it at 4 LBS then I weight the stock muffler at 8.8LBS,then weight the shield at 1.4LBS.The total weight saving is just over 6LBS.As big as the stock muffler is I thought it would be heavier.jasperj

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hope this helps...

View attachment 88232
View attachment 88233
j-bone,I installed my muffler on my bike that looks like yours.I rode the bike real easy and I got 86.66 mpg.With the stock muffler with the same kind of riding,I got 84 mpg.So it did improve the gas mileage.I'm waiting for my buddy to get his HD on the road to see if there is any difference in performance between the 2 mufflers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts