CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTX700, 2014 CTX1300
22 Posts
Nice, looks great!

I just bought this puppy from Amazon and yours looks as similar as I've seen (although can't see it too well from the pictures).

Is it the same/similar:

Will add picture once I get mine on (hopefully tonight).

·
Registered
155 Posts
By my count you are the 3rd person on this forum to change handlebars and the 3,333rd to change the exhaust. :unsure:

I would be interested to know which bars and mirrors you used and how they are working for you.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hold on the that stock muffler, some are paying $300 for them.....o_O

·
Registered
288 Posts
I love the bars. They look great on the nekkid model, but I don't think they'd work well on the faired model I have. Do they put you in more of a forward lean?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice, looks great!

I just bought this puppy from Amazon and yours looks as similar as I've seen (although can't see it too well from the pictures).

Is it the same/similar:
View attachment 88098

Will add picture once I get mine on (hopefully tonight).
yes that is the one! it works great! I painted the exhaust pipe black with Stove paint so that it would look flush with the new muffler.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the bars. They look great on the nekkid model, but I don't think they'd work well on the faired model I have. Do they put you in more of a forward lean?
They do put you in a more forward position. I am about 5'10, and I leaned forward, but I like the leaning forward, I feel way more in control of the bike for some reason. the leaning forward isnt to bad though. I would not work on the faired model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about a weight-savings comparison between the stock CTX700 exhaust and the Voodoo aftermarket?
Good question , I have no idea :), it looks way better and sounds way more throatier like a real Motorcycle. Made way more of a difference.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By my count you are the 3rd person on this forum to change handlebars and the 3,333rd to change the exhaust. :unsure:

I would be interested to know which bars and mirrors you used and how they are working for you.
Handle Bars

Mirrors

·
Registered
155 Posts
Handle Bars

Mirrors
Thanks for that. Just being nosy, really. Amazing what you can find on Amazon. Not that I would recommend buying this:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the NC700/750X (same at least thru 2020) bar on my nekkid. I think it just might work on the faired model, provided you have a stock-width windshield. I should have done a better comparison before I installed it, but it’s about two inches lower and two inches farther forward at the grips than the stock bar. Same width overall. Feels like a “standard” bike with maybe 10-15 degrees forward lean. Much more comfortable imho and, like B Bailey, I feel more in control of the bike.
FCB390D4-E1CF-42B3-9530-FF036089EBC9.jpeg
E7B3F96F-FE74-4126-97B7-BCB2F266A739.jpeg
Note: it is a 7/8” bar and requires spacers/shims.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the NC700/750X (same at least thru 2020) bar on my nekkid. I think it just might work on the faired model, provided you have a stock-width windshield. I should have done a better comparison before I installed it, but it’s about two inches lower and two inches farther forward at the grips than the stock bar. Same width overall. Feels like a “standard” bike with maybe 10-15 degrees forward lean. Much more comfortable imho and, like B Bailey, I feel more in control of the bike.
View attachment 88103 View attachment 88104 Note: it is a 7/8” bar and requires spacers/shims.
Love the red!!! looks great.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2013 Honda CB1100
21 Posts
That Voodoo muffler sure looks a lot like the Emgo Turnout muffler. And I do love the sound. Anyone want to buy a like new stock 2014 CTX muffler?
I bought my bike used with dings in the muffler... it would be nice to have a new one but shipping cost would probably make it pretty expensive.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I changed my bars to something very similar. I found myself riding aggressively with bent elbows and thought “man this is dumb”. Lowered the bars by like 6” and it’s like a new bike. Didn’t require cutting cables either, just had a little slack to manage on the front brake. I find I ride with much better posture too, with a straight back instead of sitting upright and being a slouch.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts