CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of the posts on the CTX center stand have been very useful, but there have been enough unclear or contradictory statements that the signal-to-noise ratio is a little too low for me to straighten it all out. So I have some questions.

1. The center stand for an NC700 is apparently too long for the CTX and would require shortening: cutting welding, etc. Is there a center stand whose length is made expressly for the CTX (i.e., shorter) and, if so, what is its source (japan.webbike.net?) and model number?

2. Is there a 'stop' or a 'bumper' for the stand and, if so, what is its source (japan.webbike.net?) and model number?

I apologize and thank you in advance; my elderly brain (which suffered a concussion three days ago) wasn't able to untangle all the info in all the posts.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Unfortunately Honda does not make a center stand for the CTX. CTX owners have had to resort to finding a stand that comes close. Honda makes 2 versions of the NC700 that share the same forward frame with the CTX. The X model is sold in the USA and is the taller version. The center stand made for this bike is too tall to fit the CTX. The S model is sold world wide and is a shorter version. The center stand for this bike fits the CTX fairly well since it is shorter. Its not perfect but is workable for most of the posters on the forum who have installed it. Like the stand, there is no stopper made specifically for the CTX. CTX owners have either had to fabricate a stopper or look to other bikes whose parts will fit. Forum members have found a stopper made for the NC700X model that fits perfectly and does not require any modification. Both of these items are sold by Webike. The links to both parts are listed below.

HONDA : Main stand [08M70MGSJ10]

OVER : Center Stand Stopper [35-21-01]

My experience with the center stand should not prohibit you from buying the center stand. Mine clearly was too tall but I believe this was due to the stand being mis-identified with the wrong part number. Clearly most of the members have had good success with their center stands. The few complaints received by others deal with the ease of getting the bike up on the stand. They can do it, its just a little harder than other bikes. Again,one must remember this stand was not made for the CTX so it may not be perfect for some.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jfc - Thanks for taking the time to clear this up. - jim

·
Registered
329 Posts
Say JFC, since JMC brought this up, if I buy these via paypal, can my mechanic pal just bolt them on with no modifications or welding or removing anything (significant)?

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
There are two things that need to be removed to gain access. The left rear under cover and the muffler heat shield. Both are very easy to remove and replace. The muffler clamp needs to be turned so the bolts are facing out instead of at an angle. The job is a straight bolt up process. The only issue is the springs. It takes two people and a spring puller to install.

·
Registered
329 Posts
OUTSTANDING explanation, thank you JFC:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please Verify

To be certain before I order parts from Japan would you look at this and verify these are the units needed on the CTX700d for the center stand and center stand stop?

Below was cut and pasted from the earlier URL links

Thanks

Product Shipping Points Unit Qty. Total:

HONDA : Main stand
Model : 08M70MGSJ10
Fits:HONDA NC750X RC72 TypeLD : HONDA NC750S RC70 Description:Color : Black
Material : SteelFor NC750X (but not TypeLD) (08M70MGSJ30)◇ It is useful when a vehicle storage and maintenance equipment.* Check vehicle.
1.4 pts
(1.4 x 1)
9,000 yen
( 87.75 USD )
Change your quantity by highlighting the number in the box, correcting the quantity and clicking this button. 9,000 yen
( 87.75 USD ) Delete
Save for Later

OVER : Center stand stopper
Model : 35-21-01
Fits:HONDA NC700X Description:With OVER TT-FormulaSlip-on muffler (Part number 17-21-01) ForStopper with optional Center stand to prevent interaction between stand and scarf.
0.5 pts
(0.5 x 1)
3,450 yen
( 33.64 USD )
Change your quantity by highlighting the number in the box, correcting the quantity and clicking this button. 3,450 yen
( 33.64 USD ) Delete
Save for Later
Sub total before Shipping Charges12,450 yen
( 121.39 USD )
Shipping Charges (United States 1.9pts ) 4,000 yen
( 39.00 USD )
If you add 37,550 yen or more. Shipping Charges will be Free.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Here is the original post for the addition of a center stand with the part numbers and photos. I try to respond to each center stand post so that if members search they can find results easier.

My most important recommendation is to definitely use the center stand stopper that is sold by webike. The L bracket method travels with the suspension and pushes the stand twd the chain. Unless you get it perfect the L bracket flexes and bends, best case it gets too close to the chain. Mine should be here from Japan later this week and I will post up some pictures of the install to my original thread below.

http://www.ctx700forum.com/forum/ctx700-general-discussion-forum/3209-center-stand-ctx700.html

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put my center stand on last weekend with a small bit of help from my husband. It was not difficult to install following the wonderful instructions and pictures posted elsewhere on this board. I ordered the stop when I ordered the stand.

I hooked the springs then pulled the stand into place and slid the pin in with very little trouble. The only part I removed was the heat shield on the muffler and turned the clamp. I didnt take the left rear undercover off that jfc mentioned.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I didn't remove the cover the first time I installed the center stand either. The problem with not removing the cover requires the installer to lay on his or her side while working in a limited amount of space. The bike has to be sitting on its kickstand at an angle which reduces the space even more. I'm 6'0 and 215 lbs so by removing the cover, this area is opened up for better visibility and allows more freedom for installation. Either way is fine but it takes only seconds to remove and it does make things a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
you could also place a 2 by 12 short block under both tires and the stand (3 points) to increase access. If manual put in gear, if auto lock brake. sometimes 2 inches more is all you need.... lol

Reactions: Pphantom538

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
For anyone who has bought the stopper and wishes to increase the adjustment level, there is a simple fix. Remove the top lock nut and bolt from the stopper. Thread the lock nut onto the bolt approximately 1/2" from the bolt head. Re-install the bolt and adjust the length to give the proper height of the center stand so it does not interfere with the chain. Tighten the lock nut and your good to go. I've included a pic to demonstrate.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered Center Stand

I ordered online the center stand

I received an email from Paypal that I paid

You sent a payment of ¥16,450 JPY to Rivercrane Corp..

Merchant information:
Rivercrane Corp.
[email protected]

But no email from the site I placed the order from (Listed earlier in this newsgroup center stand topic)

Is that normal? I am used to getting an email confirmation of the order.

:confused:

UPDATE

I never did receive any email notification on my order, but my online account did show the order being shipped and I did received the order in good condition. It also fits and works well

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I received several from Webike. One for the order and one for the payment as well if I recall correctly. Check your order status with Webike.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There are two things that need to be removed to gain access. The left rear under cover and the muffler heat shield. Both are very easy to remove and replace. The muffler clamp needs to be turned so the bolts are facing out instead of at an angle. The job is a straight bolt up process. The only issue is the springs. It takes two people and a spring puller to install.
Just did my install today, had to rotate the muffler clamp as you stated and remove the muffler heat shield.

The springs are a pain but did it alone with a lot of sweat ..

Thanks for the help

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many of the posts on the CTX center stand have been very useful, but there have been enough unclear or contradictory statements that the signal-to-noise ratio is a little too low for me to straighten it all out. So I have some questions.

1. The center stand for an NC700 is apparently too long for the CTX and would require shortening: cutting welding, etc. Is there a center stand whose length is made expressly for the CTX (i.e., shorter) and, if so, what is its source (japan.webbike.net?) and model number?

2. Is there a 'stop' or a 'bumper' for the stand and, if so, what is its source (japan.webbike.net?) and model number?

I apologize and thank you in advance; my elderly brain (which suffered a concussion three days ago) wasn't able to untangle all the info in all the posts.
i learned from H&B in Germany the Euro models are higher than Asia. and each year differns also; unlike usa that seem to stay the same.
I still have replies that 2017 is not same as 2016; to they are the same and should fit; if bought in Asia.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts