CTX 700 Forum banner
661 - 675 of 675 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
The CTX700 requires the NC700S center stand. Not the NC700X which is too tall. The correct part number is 08M70-MGS-J10. If you ordered the center stand with the part number ending with 30, you ordered the wrong one.

The NC700S model is not sold in the US so you have to order the stand from Japan!

The correct stop part number is 35-21-01. This is an aftermarket stop designed for the NC700X.

__
After using the Trackside stand which worked well I decided I wanted a center stand. I was afraid the NC700X stand would be too tall and I did not want to cut and weld but after researching the NC700 forum I found the NC700S stand (1.6" shorter). I ordered the stand for $90.72 plus shipping, the total was $117.21 from here (Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike)

Highly recommend buying the center stand stop at the same time,

OVER : Center stand stopper [35-21-01]

Delivery was 4 days from Japan and I got a email with tracking info. Install can be done with an average mechanical ability. The springs are tight so getting the shaft to slide into the slot took patience and leverage. I put the springs on and pulled the stand until I could get my wife to tap it in place. The stand will bolt directly in place and the spring pin hole is already threaded. Everything is a direct fit. Also the two exhaust clamp bolts will need to be rotated enough for the springs to clear. Best to get the stop bracket with the stand. See later posts.

The bike is very easy to get on the stand and it is a great addition.

The CTX700 requires the NC700S center stand. Not the NC700X which is too tall. The correct part number is 08M70-MGS-J10. If you ordered the center stand with the part number ending with 30, you ordered the wrong one.

The NC700S model is not sold in the US so you have to order the stand from Japan!

The correct stop part number is 35-21-01. This is an aftermarket stop designed for the NC700X.

__
After using the Trackside stand which worked well I decided I wanted a center stand. I was afraid the NC700X stand would be too tall and I did not want to cut and weld but after researching the NC700 forum I found the NC700S stand (1.6" shorter). I ordered the stand for $90.72 plus shipping, the total was $117.21 from here (Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike)

Highly recommend buying the center stand stop at the same time,

OVER : Center stand stopper [35-21-01]

Delivery was 4 days from Japan and I got a email with tracking info. Install can be done with an average mechanical ability. The springs are tight so getting the shaft to slide into the slot took patience and leverage. I put the springs on and pulled the stand until I could get my wife to tap it in place. The stand will bolt directly in place and the spring pin hole is already threaded. Everything is a direct fit. Also the two exhaust clamp bolts will need to be rotated enough for the springs to clear. Best to get the stop bracket with the stand. See later posts.

The bike is very easy to get on the stand and it is a great addition.

That is a great looking CTX! I recently found a 2015 CTX700N DCT with only 848 miles on it. I am going to get it to add to my 'Twist and Go' collection. Don't ask me why I like my trucks manual shift, but not bikes in manual mode.... just yet. I am 57 and about 8 months into 2 wheels. Now for the serious bit... I want to get a center stand for the CTX, but how secure and reliable is the Japan WEBIKE page?

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
No worries with the site. Just order and wait for it to arrive.

· Registered
52 Posts
I know I'm supposed to rotate the muffler clamp, but I'm not sure where its supposed to end up. First, I know the clamp had been touched by the previous owner so I'm not sure where it is originally. The pic shows where I've got it. Does this look right?
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Pipeline transport Muffler Exhaust system

Also, here's a pic from the inside that shows the bolts & the stand. They're close but not touching. I'd rather have them point in a different direction but I don't see how I could & still get the muffler cover back on.
Automotive tire Wood Material property Helmet Gas

· Registered
52 Posts
I know I'm supposed to rotate the muffler clamp, but I'm not sure where its supposed to end up. First, I know the clamp had been touched by the previous owner so I'm not sure where it is originally. The pic shows where I've got it. Does this look right?
View attachment 89908

Also, here's a pic from the inside that shows the bolts & the stand. They're close but not touching. I'd rather have them point in a different direction but I don't see how I could & still get the muffler cover back on.
View attachment 89909
I felt the bolts were too close to the centerstand so I rotated them.
Automotive tire Leg Human body Rim Automotive design

I have plenty of clearance, but I had to slightly bend the heat shield as it now goes over the bolts. If I had to do it again, I'd rotate them a little more so the bolts would be parallel to the shield. But all now works as it should.

· Registered
52 Posts
I thought I’d list the tools I used and some others tips that may help others.

5mm hex (allen) wrench (for attaching the stop bolt housing to the frame and to remove the plastic on the kick stand side. I also found an extension helpful when attaching the housing unit).

13mm socket for the adjustable bolt on the stopping unit (but I did replace mine – I think original was same size).

10mm socket for muffler guard

12mm socket for muffler clamp

13mm socket for muffler bolt

I used the ratchet strap method for the springs as I was doing this alone. I used the Home Depot Husky 1.25in straps & they were a bad choice. The buckle housing was long & I had just enough room to pull the springs back far enough. The buckles on the 1in ratchet straps looked smaller & are probably a better choice.

Another point about the ratchet straps for those that haven’t used them before (I hadn’t). Make sure the strap feeds into the buckle without twisting. I didn’t realize my strap was twisting as it got pulled in. The most frustrating part of this whole job was getting the strap out of the ratchet.

Finally, make sure your muffler is back on as far as it can go. I thought I put the muffler all the way back on, but I didn’t. Wiggle & push a few times so you are certain it’s all the way on.

As others have mentioned, this wasn’t that difficult to install by myself.

· Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
That is a great looking CTX! I recently found a 2015 CTX700N DCT with only 848 miles on it. I am going to get it to add to my 'Twist and Go' collection. Don't ask me why I like my trucks manual shift, but not bikes in manual mode.... just yet. I am 57 and about 8 months into 2 wheels. Now for the serious bit... I want to get a center stand for the CTX, but how secure and reliable is the Japan WEBIKE page?
Hello!!!!! Glad to see this thread is still helping people.

They are very secure. I have been away fro a very very long time but my wife is searching for a DCT model now and I will probably be more active. I enjoyed the CTX forum, people were very civil. It’s been many years since I was here so I’ve got some catching up to do. We sold the bike to a person who became a member here. I need to touch base and see if he still has the bike. Likely will be adding and modding the future bike as well just as I did her previous bike. Risers, floor boards, center stand, etc. Look forward to being back on.

· Premium Member
948 Posts
Hello!!!!! Glad to see this thread is still helping people.

They are very secure. I have been away fro a very very long time but my wife is searching for a DCT model now and I will probably be more active. I enjoyed the CTX forum, people were very civil. It’s been many years since I was here so I’ve got some catching up to do. We sold the bike to a person who became a member here. I need to touch base and see if he still has the bike. Likely will be adding and modding the future bike as well just as I did her previous bike. Risers, floor boards, center stand, etc. Look forward to being back on.
Welcome Home!;)

· Registered
79 Posts
With the Honda stand using a through tube, I was able to simply slide the bolt part way and mount the springs loosely. Grabbing the foot of the stand it was simple to lever the stand straight and slide the bolt the rest of the way with the other hand.... Did this by myself on its side stand with no trouble at all and near zero sense of risk ( I did wear safety glasses as springs can be damn dangerous in any case ). Far safer than rigging the straps and whatnot.

If I understand it, some aftermarket stands do not have that through tube so this is a big plus for the WeeBike Honda part

Automotive exterior Auto part Luggage and bags Cameras & optics Bag

· Premium Member
948 Posts
Is the hardware, bolts, springs etc included?
Because threads & posts about CTX700 centerstands are MANY, Many; read thru them if you can. The Honda parts from WeBike/Japan only requires a separate "stop" part to keep the stand from contacting the drive chain. T-Rex Racing (USA) makes their centerstand model, along with some other accessories for our CTX's. Good Luck!

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
661 - 675 of 675 Posts