CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 620 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
The CTX700 requires the NC700S center stand. Not the NC700X which is too tall. The correct part number is 08M70-MGS-J10. If you ordered the center stand with the part number ending with 30, you ordered the wrong one.

The NC700S model is not sold in the US so you have to order the stand from Japan!

The correct stop part number is 35-21-01. This is an aftermarket stop designed for the NC700X.

After using the Trackside stand which worked well I decided I wanted a center stand. I was afraid the NC700X stand would be too tall and I did not want to cut and weld but after researching the NC700 forum I found the NC700S stand (1.6" shorter). I ordered the stand for $90.72 plus shipping, the total was $117.21 from here (Motorcycle Parts & Accessories from Japan - Webike)

Highly recommend buying the center stand stop at the same time,

OVER : Center stand stopper [35-21-01]

Delivery was 4 days from Japan and I got a email with tracking info. Install can be done with an average mechanical ability. The springs are tight so getting the shaft to slide into the slot took patience and leverage. I put the springs on and pulled the stand until I could get my wife to tap it in place. The stand will bolt directly in place and the spring pin hole is already threaded. Everything is a direct fit. Also the two exhaust clamp bolts will need to be rotated enough for the springs to clear. Best to get the stop bracket with the stand. See later posts.

The bike is very easy to get on the stand and it is a great addition.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Props for taking the chance spending the $ experimenting and with it working well. I myself will never get one though. It leaves a good option for others though!

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
CEETEEX, lots of great detail and the pictures are superb .
I noticed you got your Bell on too. You are all set.

Reactions: fjones

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I go to the link provided to order, the price is 90.54, and shipping is 32.19. Must have changed prices since you ordered yours???? Odd....

Nevermind, you get a coupon code for being a new member and creating your account.

Reactions: fjones and ctxtbd

·
Registered
892 Posts
You have forged the way CETEEX! Nice post with pics and I ordered mine saturday. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
If I end up buying a CTX this is an addition I most likely will do. I have one question though, the centerstand looks to be almost vertical when in use. How hard is it to push the bike forward to cause it to come off the stand? By that I mean how hard would it be to bump the rear of the bike and cause the stand to fold up? Don't want an oh **** moment...

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I end up buying a CTX this is an addition I most likely will do. I have one question though, the centerstand looks to be almost vertical when in use. How hard is it to push the bike forward to cause it to come off the stand? By that I mean how hard would it be to bump the rear of the bike and cause the stand to fold up? Don't want an oh **** moment...
It takes a fair amount of effort to remove it from the center stand, far more than an accidental bump.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ceetex - A really nice post and a very useful addition to my library. Thanks, esp. for groveling around in the dirt to take those good pictures. :D

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
lol, it is my wifes bike if you can zoom in on the bell.....I think it says Lady Rider :D

I actually tried to read what was on it but could not. Well then, I imagine yours says something else. She's in good hands then.

·
Registered
216 Posts
CEETEEX - Thanks for the great write up, pics and info!! Thump ordered one for my bike, it will be here soon and will most definitely make chain/tire maintenance much easier. Helmets off to you :)

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CEETEEX - Thanks for the great write up, pics and info!! Thump ordered one for my bike, it will be here soon and will most definitely make chain/tire maintenance much easier. Helmets off to you :)
You are welcome, you should have it any day

1 - 20 of 620 Posts