CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please be advised when ordering the taller windshilds from Cee Bailey. This web site indicates three sizes 21, 22, & 23" sheilds. This can be a little confusing. Their measurements are for the total length.

The correct sizes are as follows. The 21” screen is actually 2" taller than the Honda tall screen which is 14" from the top of rubber seal. The 22" screen is 3" taller and the 23" is 4" taller. Please keep this in mind when ordering.

I ordered the 22" grey with the vent. Good quality but a little short. I think It'll be OK. I'll update this post once I have a chance to test it out.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
547 Posts
If and when I get my CTX, I'm leaning towards the 23" size. Cee Bailey says they will cut it back down if you end up not liking the height. From what I saw at the site, they will do this at no charge if you pay the shipping to return it back to them.

Jack

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cee Bailey offers good service. I received my sheild in less than two weeks from my order date.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Anyone 5'11 or taller should go with the 23" Cee Bailey. I'm 6'0 and ordered the 22". I wish I had the extra inch but not complaining. I am a huge fan of this windscreen and its the best after having tried all three currently available. Don't scrimp, buy the vent.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm 5'6" and I have the 22" windshield.
The other day while riding against a headwind, I wished I had the 23" windshield.

·
Registered
267 Posts
At 5'7" I'll be getting the shorter vented shield. Still trying to decide if I want the other Honda hardware or just the rear rack...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cee Bailey is having a 20% off from today thru Superbowl Sunday.

Also overall height has little to do with windshield height, I am 5'11" 31" inseem means tall torso, I may sit as tall in the seat as a 6'6" person, this also applies for foot pegs, seat heights, handle bars etc.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Please be advised when ordering the taller windshilds from Cee Bailey. This web site indicates three sizes 21, 22, & 23" sheilds. This can be a little confusing. Their measurements are for the total length.

The correct sizes are as follows. The 21” screen is actually 2" taller than the Honda tall screen which is 14" from the top of rubber seal. The 22" screen is 3" taller and the 23" is 4" taller. Please keep this in mind when ordering.

I ordered the 22" grey with the vent. Good quality but a little short. I think It'll be OK. I'll update this post once I have a chance to test it out.

Hope this helps
Thats very good info...Thanks,going to get one and was a little" on the Fence" as to what she needed,NOT NOW.....Thanks again!

·
Registered
329 Posts
always get the tallest one. If you upgrade to the Corbin seat, you will need the taller windsceen because Corbin lifts you up 3" higher than stock seat

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Rule of thumb, order the tallest, you can always trim but you can't add.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just had the 23" with a vent installed this morning at my dealership (I'm 6' tall and the 23" is great). They were not a Cee Bailey's distributor, but when I asked them about ordering it for me, they became one (two windshield minimum order for them to do so, which they were happy to do as the CTXs are flying off the shelves here in Connecticut!).

The shield arrived at the dealership in one week, and the dealership gave me a new customer discount. Install charge was $65 (not as brave as many of you working on your own bikes after I broke tabs off a panel on the PCX I previously owned when I tried to remove a side panel).

Rode for about an hour with the new shield this afternoon. So far, very happy with it. No buffeting on my helmet and the adjustable vent is a nice touch for comfort.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, it comes with a short windshield. I had it switched to a tall when I bought the bike, but it just wasn't tall enough (I'm 6'). The buffeting at highway speeds was so bad it blurred my vision. The 23" Cee Bailey's was the right fix for this.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Said it before and I'll say it again, stay away from the OEM tall shield. Yes, its cheaper but its a terrible investment. The Ceebailey is worlds apart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts