CTX 700 Forum banner

Can't be licensed as a Scooter nor an MC. But Interesting non the less Honda X-ADV 2021. A restyled PCX.

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Michael Moore 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not sure what they mean when speaking of the X-ADV 750 by “Sadly, we won’t be seeing that model stateside any time soon thanks to US regulation of what constitutes a scooter versus a motorcycle (Honda says the X-ADV can’t be considered a scooter and without foot controls, it cannot be considered a motorcycle)”. What is a Suzuki Burgman 650?

#5 ·
howdy from the ex rider
yup, i have heard/read that the x-adv would have to have a foot brake to be considered a motorcycle and can't be a scooter because of the non cvt transmission. i guess we'd have to have a new clssification of scootcycle or motscoot or something
ken

#6 ·
The Indian, Kawasaki, Polaris dealer just down the road from me is advertising these on Craig’s list for $24.999 and it is classed and registered as a motorcycle 6:30 min mark go figure. Turbo charged 4 cylinder engine with front wheel drive as opposed to rear. Now that’s a motorcycle!!;)

#7 ·
While not exactly apples to apples, I would buy the CT125 Hunter Cub over the Adv150.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.