CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again in anticipation of getting a CTX700 shortly, I've been looking at the accessories I want, the saddlebags, in particular.

They are listed as $599.95, I assume from a dealer.
Under HondaParts-Direct.com the retail price is shown as $599.95 and shows"your price" as $486.82.
Along with a few other accessories, such as the saddlebag says, 12v acc socket and subharness the price tatals about $900 plus $65 in shipping costs.

I was curious what others had found. Are the prices from the dealers similar to the HondaParts prices or are they higher?
One dealer said if I bought the bike there then there is a 15% discount on all accessories.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like about 80 looked at the thread but no comments.
Perhaps I should ask the question differently.
Where have others bought the saddlebags and what did they cost?
Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
I just ordered all my accessories from the dealer when I purchased the bike, he gave me a discount off of list price on every item. I checked for a breakdown of all the prices for you, but I must not have gotten that paperwork.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Klem,
If you go to the hondaparts-direct.com website under "shopping" search OEM parts. Use the drop down menu to select Honda.
Click on 2014 and a drop down menu will appear.
Select the correct CTX version you want.
Choose accessories and voila!
The list of the accessories is right there with prices.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I purchased my Ctx in Wisconsin also. My dealer gave me 20 percent off my parts. Usually if you find them on line cheaper your dealer will match or beat the price. They still make money just a a little less.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, when my local dealer found out I was ordereing all these other accessories online (airhawk, kuryakyn, ...etc) he told me to order everything from him from now on. I told him that I could get better prices online, he said yes but you then pay shipping. I told him most had free shipping. He then said he'd match whatever price I found online. He stated that they all buy from the same source, so he would match all from here on out for me. We'll see. I say find your cheapest online price, show that price to your dealer, and give him a chance to match it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since I only ride in nice weather, I just bought some inexpensive fabric bags which go over the back fender. They cost about $180 or so. If you're curious there's lots of pics of my bike on my other posts. Not sure if this is helpful, but since you asked for replies... I'm quite satisfied with what I got... but my needs are very modest so expectations are low.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought my saddlebags on eBay for $449.88, with free shipping. Note though, that if you want the color-coordinated side panels, you'll have to purchase those, separately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts