CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post these in both forums:

SO I have the fairing DCT version. I know I want a rear carrier, and probably the saddlebags too.

My question is this:

do I have to have the other support brackets, or are they part of the fairing model? Even the dealer was vague, and I'm not sure I want to pay their prices!

Not getting the backrest as one will be on the topcase I'll use when riding 2up.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
All you need is the backrest brackets and carrier to add a box on the back. The inner supports are already there. The back rest itself is a separate piece and not necessary for your install. If you plan to install the OEM bags, you will need to buy the bag brackets as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Part of me wants to be like "Look, Honda, just list the pieces that have to go together as a unit..."

:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
All you need is the backrest brackets and carrier to add a box on the back. The inner supports are already there. The back rest itself is a separate piece and not necessary for your install. If you plan to install the OEM bags, you will need to buy the bag brackets as well.
Would you please tell me what "OEM" stands for. I see it all the time and guess that it is something to do with original parts but would like to know what it actually stands for.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts