CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Come on Sherm. You know the old saying: Without pictures it ain't so. BTW, you got a very nice ride.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm a patriot. First one was white. Then i bought a red one. Just bought a 2015 blue one, with DCT. Only 4 k miles on it..
If this is your first DCT give it time and once you learn to control it you will love it especially if you spend a lot of time in traffic. Don’t be afraid to use the shift paddles to override the computer. I spend most of my time in beach traffic 0 to 45 and when I first got the bike I hated the way it shifted. D shifted too soon and Sport too late. I use D mode exclusively now and ride through beach towns at idle speed and have naturally learned the throttle positions or rpms that D mode liked and can now idle around in D mode exclusively. This delivers me over 62 mpg in stop and go traffic. Don’t be afraid to override the computer and use the paddles to shift down especially when coming up on a red light. I do this to use the engine braking instead of wearing out the brake pads to stop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sherman is a true patriot. Red, white, and blue 700's. I have is Red one, but I have seen his blue and it is gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
If this is your first DCT give it time and once you learn to control it you will love it especially if you spend a lot of time in traffic. Don’t be afraid to use the shift paddles to override the computer. I spend most of my time in beach traffic 0 to 45 and when I first got the bike I hated the way it shifted. D shifted too soon and Sport too late. I use D mode exclusively now and ride through beach towns at idle speed and have naturally learned the throttle positions or rpms that D mode liked and can now idle around in D mode exclusively. This delivers me over 62 mpg in stop and go traffic. Don’t be afraid to override the computer and use the paddles to shift down especially when coming up on a red light. I do this to use the engine braking instead of wearing out the brake pads to stop.
beach traffic/towns...:unsure::whistle::geek::p:rolleyes:;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts