CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys and Dolls, I haven't been around for some time now but I thought a discussion about BMW's new Chain was a valuable subject to get our heads around.
As you might know BMW has put a new chain on a couple of its bikes 1000cc. These chains are said to never need lube and never need adjusting. Now the true creators of this chain is a company called Regina Regina Chain | Roller and conveyor chains and are intending to make the chain available as an after market product in the future.
If you recall I was very interested in a conversion to belt, but the integrity of the belt drive just wasn't there; mainly due to the company that was creating them. This new chain is a valuable commodity as far as I am concerned and as soon as they are available I want one.

My hope is that we can stay on top of this subject and its intended release date. Please keep us informed of any insights you get.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
howdy gordon,
yup, that's interesting. you may be aware that i sold my ctx partly because i have decrepitated and don't feel safe riding anymore but also because i planned to move to israel. that move happens tomorrow. so bye-bye to you and all y'all.
it's exciting and daunting but i'm off to see the wizard. some might mumble that i'm mostly just off.

shalom
ken

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
howdy gordon,
yup, that's interesting. you may be aware that i sold my ctx partly because i have decrepitated and don't feel safe riding anymore but also because i planned to move to israel. that move happens tomorrow. so bye-bye to you and all y'all.
it's exciting and daunting but i'm off to see the wizard. some might mumble that i'm mostly just off.

shalom
ken
Ken, sorry I missed you send off. Enjoy the adventure in Israel and will see you in the sweet bye and bye

1 - 4 of 4 Posts