1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
933 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Let us all pause to look at the words the original poster wrote. It will be the first and last time you see somebody say they enjoy "the extra power and comfort" of a CTX. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE mine, just don't see those words associated with our bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us all pause to look at the words the original poster wrote. It will be the first and last time you see somebody say they enjoy "the extra power and comfort" of a CTX. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE mine, just don't see those words associated with our bike.
mines got an aftermarket seat so it is pretty good in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Welcome & way to go! Looks like a beauty!(y) Even has a vented C-Bailey windscreen. With OEM bags, you might like t-rexracing.com for their luggage guards & maybe the centerstand, both worthwhile imho.
More info like location, training etc, is nice to share. Keep the rubber side down. Best Wishes:cool:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
welcome
did you trade the bmw in ? where are you in our vast country? the extra power and comfort would be noticable compared to the former ride.
it's a fine looking ride and even an upgrade in fuel mileage i imagine.
ride on in good health and happiness.
ken

·
Registered
306 Posts
True on the power (though they still have enough power to buy you plenty of trouble), but comfort? Heck, I did a Saddlesore 1000 on a stock seat with a beaded seat cover and felt fine the whole time. But you are right.

To the OP, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not true. Many of us have moved up to this bike from something smaller. My previous bike was a Yamaha XS400 Special II. So the CTX 700 was a big step up for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome & way to go! Looks like a beauty!(y) Even has a vented C-Bailey windscreen. With OEM bags, you might like t-rexracing.com for their luggage guards & maybe the centerstand, both worthwhile imho.
More info like location, training etc, is nice to share. Keep the rubber side down. Best Wishes:cool:
Thank you , ill have to check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
welcome
did you trade the bmw in ? where are you in our vast country? the extra power and comfort would be noticable compared to the former ride.
it's a fine looking ride and even an upgrade in fuel mileage i imagine.
ride on in good health and happiness.
ken
Nope i still have it, although im trying to sell it. in arkansas. Yeah its getting about 65 mpg while the bmw got 57.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts