CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My black CTX700 DCT was stolen last night. There aren't many CTXs in Australia & mine's quite unique in that it has tabs welded to the chassis for the crash bars - hard do disguise. I'd post pics but can't seem to figure out how on this post. Anyway, very not happy.

·
Registered
771 Posts
My black CTX700 DCT was stolen last night. There aren't many CTXs in Australia & mine's quite unique in that it has tabs welded to the chassis for the crash bars - hard do disguise. I'd post pics but can't seem to figure out how on this post. Anyway, very not happy.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Being a fairly distinctive bike, hopefully the cops can recover it and you will just be out some gas from some joy riders. Hope you get reunited soon.:crying:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sorry to hear this! Hope it is recovered undamaged.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
My previous trike (the 1982 GL500i) was stolen from the guy who bought it from me and even that bothered me to no end. So sorry to hear of your loss!!

All you have to do to load a JPG picture is a Windows drag & drop action, releasing into the space immediately below the forum editing block everyone types their messages in.
:)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I didn't think our bikes were cool enough or valuable enough to be stolen. I know it sucks but maybe that's the silver lining.

Let's hope that bike thief gets caught and fed to the crocs.
Even if it was worth $1, that's $1 in the thief's pocket. Everything is valuable

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I didn't think our bikes were cool enough or valuable enough to be stolen. I know it sucks but maybe that's the silver lining.

Let's hope that bike thief gets caught and fed to the crocs.
Think … Parts. An electric wrench and a handful of sockets, and someone has a nice pile of goodies to sell. Have the cops check out listings (online or in print) for Honda parts for sale.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Think … Parts. An electric wrench and a handful of sockets, and someone has a nice pile of goodies to sell. Have the cops check out listings (online or in print) for Honda parts for sale.
Good idea but I doubt the cops there are much different; they won't have the time. Vysmaster DD has a good idea and you may want to do some legwork. If you find some of your parts for sale, tip off the cops and push for them to see what they can salvage, preferably before things get chopped and diced (sorry for the imagery).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good idea but I doubt the cops there are much different; they won't have the time. Vysmaster DD has a good idea and you may want to do some legwork. If you find some of your parts for sale, tip off the cops and push for them to see what they can salvage, preferably before things get chopped and diced (sorry for the imagery).
This ^^^
You can do some legwork for the police by checking listings for Honda Parts for sale. Just don't play vigilante or tip your hand to the perps if you find something...let the police handle the recovery. They don't have time to look for stolen stuff, but if you can hand them a win, they can do their job more easily.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your bike. It's to bad we can't put an explosive device in the seat that would blow up if it crossed a certain point that would take out apart of their anatomy that they would prefer to keep be it Male or Female.🤗

Bryan

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some sad truths here. What irks me more than the loss is that those who stole it were efficient and organized, not hungry and desperate - and they obviously have zero regard for me (or any of their victims). It was less than 10m from our bedroom window. They didn't even wake the dog. It was insured but they're not importing them into Oz any more and there's nothing else on the market like it. I would love to be proved wrong but I'm guessing that by now it's probably in pieces on ebay and sadly in Oz unless you're a celebrity the police don't have the resources to chase ordinary crime.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You are probably right about it being parted out on EBay. Rebirthing would be difficult due to its such a rare bike in your area, but also since its so rare who’s looking for used parts for one in your country? Risk vs reward stealing the CTX for profit makes no sense at all. Hopefully your insurance company wont short change you on its value. Looks like Melbourne leads the county in motorcycle thefts. https://motorbikewriter.com/motorcycle-theft-running-rampant/

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the loss of your bike. It's to bad we can't put an explosive device in the seat that would blow up if it crossed a certain point that would take out apart of their anatomy that they would prefer to keep be it Male or Female.🤗

Bryan
I've had many thoughts along these lines. The bottom line is that I'm grateful that the universe has made me a small fish because if I was a mafia boss or police commissioner I would hunt them down and perform unspeakable acts of medical experimentation upon their persons until they were removed from the human gene pool - which would compromise my values somewhat, so I will practice thinking "leave it to karma". I have more to lose than they do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are probably right about it being parted out on EBay. Rebirthing would be difficult due to its such a rare bike in your area, but also since its so rare who’s looking for used parts for one in your country? Risk vs reward stealing the CTX for profit makes no sense at all. Hopefully your insurance company wont short change you on its value. Looks like Melbourne leads the county in motorcycle thefts. https://motorbikewriter.com/motorcycle-theft-running-rampant/
Not a stat to be proud of... In other ways Victoria (of which Melbourne is the capital) is the most motorcycle friendly state in Australia, eg you can park on the footpath -pretty much anywhere as long as you're not in the road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I remember visiting Taiwan for work 10 or 12 years ago. Scooters were thicker than flies over there. They were parked in front of every building and large office buildings had hundreds surrounding them. Many were customized with logos, painted bright colors or had some other personal decoration. It was kinda cool. Someone told me scooter theft was rare because even thieves respected a person's right to have their scooter left untouched. The punishment for stealing a scooter was harsh. Now, I don't know how true that story really was, but I'd like to think it was true.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called the police to say I had pictures of distinguishing features etc and the office in charge didn't even bother to return my call. I'm bowing out of this forum. I don't see any point in being on here any more. If you see Biggles the bike on the road - give it a wave.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts