CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my CTX700 DCT in September and love it. I want to tow it behind a Winnebago View Class C but don't have any experience with trailers. I'm not as concerned about begin able to pull it effectively as I am with the relatively light weight of trailer and bike. Do they bounce?

I'm debating between two trailers: the Ace single and the Kenden single ride up.

Ace - Single Folding Motorcycle Trailer | USA Trailer Store
Ride On Motorcycle Trailer - Single Ride-Up SRL Motorcycle Trailers

Significant price difference and approach. Does anyone have experience with either of these trailers? Any feedback or advice appreciated.

Steve

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
I'm more the pragmatist so went with a 5x10 tilting utility trailer with add on MC wheel chocks from Harbor Freight. Cost was about $1000.00. I can haul 2 bikes any where in the country or remove the chocks and haul cargo any where in the country. 2000lb capacity and sits on 15" rims instead of dinky 12-13" rims. Handles the road much better with the larger rims and easier to pull. Small trailers are a pain in the a** to back and dedicated MC trailers are impossible because of their size. You just cant see them. All light trailers bounce a bit when unloaded but for the most part do fairly well when loaded. I like having a floor on my trailer since I find myself hauling other items like coolers, etc,. on long trips besides the bikes.

·
Registered
329 Posts
spend wisely - buy used trailer

I am with JFC: buy a HFT flat bed trailer. In fact, I recommend craigslist (CL) and you can probably find a perfect used one with extra goodies for $700 cash (but advertised for $800), outfitted better than you could build one for $1200.

People sell those on Cl all the time for low price because they are user specific. I wouldn't buy a dedicated motorcycle trailer because they ARE too small to maneuver easily, and I would like the option of loading my kids furniture for college or doing a dump run, etc.

NO WAY would I spend $3000 for a dedicated motorcycle trailer. I would rather buy CL used one with double bike chocks, and add a Yamaha Zuma 125 or used Honda CFR250 dual sport to my CTX700 for even more fun behind the RV for long trips.

But if you gotta have a dedicated trailer, I would get the Ace because it's skinnier and CHEAPER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts