CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
tried to get them but you need the whole windshield sucks ..

It looks to mount independent of a windshield no?

Registered
tried to get them but you need the whole windshield sucks ..
Do you mean the side deflectors that are part of the fairing version of the windshield? The ones in this photo:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Be careful if you order something from Madstad you check the return/exchange policy very carefully. There is no refund, exchange or accommodation whatsoever on a lot of stuff so if you screw up, you could possibly end up with a lot of expensive useless plastic laying around. :unsure:

That being said, they helped me out on a replacement screen. (y)

Registered
No, the link I posted goes right to the item I am referring to. It's built exclusively for the CTX.

The lower deflectors attach to the radiator support screws just in front of the radiator. (y)

I was replying to @tulidog2 because that is the only madstad deflectors that would require the entire windshield to be purchased....

Registered

It looks to mount independent of a windshield no?
I just ordered them today and as I already have a MadStad screen, this was ordered independently of the screen. There is a CTX 700d and a separate for the CTX 700n or NC 700 which is what I ordered.

Registered
2015 Blue Grey CTX700 DCT ABS
I鈥檓 also coming from 鈥漇cooterWorld鈥 (Vespa GTS 250ie) and my experience with the lowers is the same as yours. Looking at the picture of your bike, a 22鈥 windscreen would look to be shorter than the one you have, correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I wanted to ask 'The Dude' about your foot boards... Are these made for the CTX or some other bike? If it was the latter, how did that work for you? Thanks-a-million
Hi Peter,

These are the ones I got. I couldn't find any specific to the CTX (driver position) so I took a chance. I wanted something with a bit more room than the Kuryakyn.

That being said, I had to grind down the mount hardware on the right side to get it to fit on the peg mount. The right side is a bit shallower than the left. I cannot recommend this excellent example of Chinese garbage for your nice motorcycle. I doubt they would hold up for very long.
Rectangle Font Funeral Security Metal

Registered
CTX700DN 2014
Hi Peter,

These are the ones I got. I couldn't find any specific to the CTX (driver position) so I took a chance. I wanted something with a bit more room than the Kuryakyn.

That being said, I had to grind down the mount hardware on the right side to get it to fit on the peg mount. The right side is a bit shallower than the left. I think I took off about 1/8" and it was enough to fit. The mounts are solid, but the left only flips up a bit and the right not at all. You would have to take off more to get them to flip up all the way, but that didn't matter to me.
View attachment 89659
Awesomeness! Thank you Dude for getting back and sharing the web-link and the 'tweaking' that was required. So if I understand correctly, the peg mounts flip up when a turn is made at such an angle causing it to raise, is that correct? If this were to happen and the peg can flip up it would most likely bend or maybe break off or ? I must admit they sure look a lot more comfortable than what comes stock with the bike...

Registered
CTX700DN 2014
Awesomeness! Thank you Dude for getting back and sharing the web-link and the 'tweaking' that was required. So if I understand correctly, the peg mounts flip up when a turn is made at such an angle causing it to raise, is that correct? If this were to happen and the peg can flip up it would most likely bend or maybe break off or ? I must admit they sure look a lot more comfortable than what comes stock with the bike...
Oops, there's a gramatical error there Dude, that sentence beginning, "if this were to happen and the peg CAN"T flip up...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the floorboards are made to flip up in case you lean too far over in a turn. Not 100% on that. All that being said, I like these floorboards because they are a larger size. But they are cheap, and don't feel real substantial. I am going to seek another solution. Likely will end up with the Kuryakyn, as there are few options that don't require a lot of customization.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure what's going on at Madstad but they appear to be AWOL. Ordered a 22" screen that is still a little short for my liking. Trying to find out about a 24" replacement all week. Emails and calls go unanswered. :rolleyes: Oh well. :unsure:(n)

Proceed at your own risk.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I started a new thread concerning floorboards here.

Registered
CTX700DN 2014
I think the floorboards are made to flip up in case you lean too far over in a turn. Not 100% on that. All that being said, I like these floorboards because they are a larger size. But they are cheap, and don't feel real substantial. I am going to seek another solution. Likely will end up with the Kuryakyn, as there are few options that don't require a lot of customization.
Yes, I think you're absolutely right. I'm now debating whether the length of my rides, warrant the extra time and trouble to replace my existing foot rests? I just don't have the stamina for rides much more than a couple hours, so maybe i'll just keep what i have. Anyway, whatever you end up with, good luck with them! Cheers

Registered
Madstad lower deflectors. Night and day difference for me. Without them, I felt like the wind was constantly trying to peal my legs and feet off the bike. Coming from scooters, that was new.

The whole bike feels like it cuts the wind WAY better and my feet and legs are finally out of the wind. I couldn't give a higher recommendation. They come in 4 tints. I got the darkest. Best $100 bucks I spent so far. You get them for $80 if you buy a windscreen with it.

I already have a Madstad windscreen that I love, although I am going to swap out the screen itself to a 22". It's nice that they will sell the screen only for a much better deal than the whole shebang. 馃憤

JMHO & YMMV as always. View attachment 89626

View attachment 89627
So...quick question...where did you get that seat? AZ sun has destroyed mine

1 - 20 of 21 Posts