·
Registered
864 Posts
Reactions: Morefilling

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll not a fan of parts bouncing around. $10 gets you one off eBay.
I'm not either. I've put about 1,000 miles on the bike without noticing or hearing anything wrong. The seat seams so close to the top of the battery. But I guess I should just replace it.

·
Registered
2014 CTX 700 DCT
70 Posts
The strap holds the battery very securely in place. Without it, the internals of the lead acid battery are being subjected to more dynamic loading as the battery is bouncing in the cavity. Probably not good for the life of the battery. I recommend buying and installing a strap.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The strap on mine was a bugger to get off and it wouldn't surprise me if a previous owner cut it off out of frustration. It's not something I would recommend doing. I'd replace the strap right away.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The strap holds the battery very securely in place. Without it, the internals of the lead acid battery are being subjected to more dynamic loading as the battery is bouncing in the cavity. Probably not good for the life of the battery. I recommend buying and installing a strap.
A little piece of closed cell foam would do the trick as well as a strap.

Honestly the battery ain't moving much either way. Vibration is present regardless.

Keeping the terminals clean and using a trickle/maintenance charger are far more relevant to battery life.

YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts