CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my battery today, took some pictures and learned a few things. Hopefully this helps someone along the way.

Product Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Positive right, negative left. Notice the strap in the middle? To release, pull down slightly and it disengages from the lip. No need to go left or right. No need to take the strap off of the back clip either.

Hand Hood Automotive design Electronic instrument Computer hardware

This is the battery once it's removed. I believe this is an OEM from a 2015, which means you may find out the lifespan of your bike battery is 7 years or so. Notice looking at it from the front, the negative and positive are in opposite sides from the first picture? Again, it's because in the bike it's laying on its back.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Trunk Bumper

Empty battery space. See the strap, how it's attached to that clip? If it comes out, just push down until the lip catches again. This happened to me, and was the most challenging part of this.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CTX700D
338 Posts
"I believe this is an OEM from a 2015, which means you may find out the lifespan of your bike battery is 7 years or so."

I bought my 2017 CTX700D in May 2019 with only 650 miles on the odometer, and it came with the OEM battery. I had to replace it this year since it stopped holding its charge, so in my case, it lasted 6 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts