CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of the backrest that I had installed on my CTX700N. The most difficult aspect of the project was actually finding installation brackets that weren't damaged by Honda in their flimsy shipping boxes. The dealer had to send my original installation kit back due to deep scratches and missing paint on the "A" surfaces, then we had to cherry pick parts from 2 other kits that they ordered in as replacements. Oh well, it's finally installed and looks great!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but that backrest appears so far back that it may not be very useful.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Pete,

It is the angle. My wife loves the backrest: hits right at the lumbar spine. Well worth it [or DIY, as in your case]. I am too clumsy to do it myself, so I had the dealer do it last month [one month old]. Parts came in sans the mounting bracket. They said $85, and I squawked. So they charged Honda back for "goodwill." Nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a similar experience. The dealer ordered the "normal" mounting bracket kit, but didn't realize until the installation was underway that there was an inner support kit needed as well. They wrote it off as a goodwill gesture...otherwise it would've been another $70-$80.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
All correct. The N models do need the additional inner supports to add bags, handrails, or the rear rack. The Touring or "FAIRING" models that have rear handrails get the inner supports from the factory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The backrest looks great. New to the forum and have been looking for this backrest myself... can i ask, how did you order it or who did you order from. I have the new 2014 CTX700 and am having a VERY hard time finding this thing for sale anywhere...
Thanks!

·
Banned
463 Posts
Hondaparts-direct.com is another source for CTX accessories.
They have lower prices than the dealers, although you must pay shipping.
Some dealers will give you discounted prices on accessories if you bought the bike from them.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have the installation instructions for the bracket, backrest, and carrier? I ordered everything from bikebandit.com and it didn't come with instructions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts