CTX 700 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yesterday I lifted myself up on the bikes foot pegs going over a very deep pot hole in the road, During this time I ruptured another one of my disc in my lower back. Looks like I am done riding for the summer and it really sucks. Just wanted to let those know who also have back issues as I do please be very careful when lifting yourself up on your foot pegs and please

use caution when doing so, I would hate for one of you to hurt yourself like I have, Is not my first disc that has been injured I have injured 6 of mine, But the pain does not get better it hurts like you know what. Hope you all our enjoying your summer, Ride for me. Thank You
Sorry you won't be able to ride for a while....hope you feel better soon.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Yesterday I lifted myself up on the bikes foot pegs going over a very deep pot hole in the road, During this time I ruptured another one of my disc in my lower back. Looks like I am done riding for the summer and it really sucks. Just wanted to let those know who also have back issues as I do please be very careful when lifting yourself up on your foot pegs and please

use caution when doing so, I would hate for one of you to hurt yourself like I have, Is not my first disc that has been injured I have injured 6 of mine, But the pain does not get better it hurts like you know what. Hope you all our enjoying your summer, Ride for me. Thank You
Hi All,

Due to the limited suspension capabilities of the stock shock, I installed my own set of mid-mount foot boards that come of the passemger pegs since my wife does not ride anymore. They allow my legs to provide an excellent source of suspension over the "bumps" that can overwhelm the CTX suspension. Expensive to do using all Kury parts but well worth it going on 5 years since install.
PA.jpg
I wish you a full recovery.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Working in the field of workers compensation, I dealt with lots of back injuries. Dr. Hamilton Hall, an orthopaedic surgeon, wrote several books, including "The Back Doctor" where he talks about how backs are structured, types of injuries and treatment. here is a link to one of his speaches.
The Alexander technique is an approach that makes a lot of sense and provides lots of relief to many people. If interested, you can find lots of info on line, but here is one link The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
Hope you recover soon. Phil

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi All,

Due to the limited suspension capabilities of the stock shock, I installed my own set of mid-mount foot boards that come of the passemger pegs since my wife does not ride anymore. They allow my legs to provide an excellent source of suspension over the "bumps" that can overwhelm the CTX suspension. Expensive to do using all Kury parts but well worth it going on 5 years since install. View attachment 86251 I wish you a full recovery.
Could you be kind enough to describe how this was done and what K parts you used?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Could you be kind enough to describe how this was done and what K parts you used?
You can do a similar thing with cheap Kawasaki parts for pegs or fewer Kury parts for a footboard. Just follow the instructions I have in my signature for "Mid Footboards." :cool:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts