CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to add some forward lighting for visibility, not (necessarily) to light the road (but I’m not opposed to doing that). I searched the site, but I didn’t see where anyone had tried or reviewed/discussed these type of lights:

There are quite a few listings of different makes and sellers, this one seems to have a decently high review/star rating.

I like the idea of the flowing turn signal, but that’s not critical for me.

So, anybody have experience or thoughts on this style of lighting?

·
Registered
59 Posts
These are strictly for conspicuity (for you to be seen) ... and not visibility (for you to see better). These are off shore and off brand and I have no first hand knowledge of these particular lights. I would go through and read all 300+ review comments to see what the previous buyers say. I just went through an exhaustive process looking for both conspicuity and visibility auxiliary lighting. The first thing I learned is there is much to learn.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, conspicuity. That’s what I meant. Also I meant that my quest for conspicuity doesn’t exclude the possibility of lights that also add to forward visibility, so I’m considering all options.

I like the LEDs that mount to crash bars, but I haven’t yet found any that aren’t made exclusively for 1 1/4” bars (the R-Gaza I have are just over 1”).

·
Registered
627 Posts
Jedi...If you choose to move ahead with conspicuity lights only, Skene Photon Blasters should make it to your final two. They are as good as the manufacturer and the reviews purport.

Edit : Clearwater and Denali are both on sale. Scroll through. Denali= Twisted Throttle.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jedi...If you choose to move ahead with conspicuity lights only, Skene Photon Blasters should make it to your final two. They are as good as the manufacturer and the reviews purport.

Edit : Clearwater and Denali are both on sale. Scroll through. Denali= Twisted Throttle.

I’d love to get some Skene lights, but they’re too pricy for me. They seem great though.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Yes, conspicuity. That’s what I meant. Also I meant that my quest for conspicuity doesn’t exclude the possibility of lights that also add to forward visibility, so I’m considering all options.

I like the LEDs that mount to crash bars, but I haven’t yet found any that aren’t made exclusively for 1 1/4” bars (the R-Gaza I have are just over 1”).
Seems like you could lay those flexible strips out straight and mount them to your crash bars.......maybe attach them with epoxy or zip ties.

Reactions: Jedi Leba

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I have Denali's mounted to the bolts that fasten the front fender to the forks. Very visible yellowish light, and they turn with the fork so you see in the direction of where you're going. Lots of our local LE officers use this setup on their BMW's. For visibility, I also have rear view mirrors with LED's that shine white normally, then light up Amber with the turn signals.

·
Super Moderator
3,287 Posts
I’d love to get some Skene lights, but they’re too pricy for me. They seem great though.
I have both front and back as presents from my wife. Pricy for their size, but only a fraction of the cost of a cremation service. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
We. have two motorcycles in our family. I was going to get clearwater for visibility and vision but ended up dropping in an LED headlight and now it lights up the road and lets me be seen from miles away. Is there a similar upgrade for a 2014 700n that drops in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got auxiliary lights on Amazon took them to my best motorcycle mechanic and told him to replace the side reflectors on the front fender and wire them into the ignition so that they burn whenever the ignition is on. They are LED and really bright. I then drilled holes installed in the front fender above the lights and installed the reflectors on either side. Perfect!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got auxiliary lights on Amazon took them to my best motorcycle mechanic and told him to replace the side reflectors on the front fender and wire them into the ignition so that they burn whenever the ignition is on. They are LED and really bright. I then drilled holes installed in the front fender above the lights and installed the reflectors on either side. Perfect!
Could we see a pic of it? I’m not sure if I understand exactly what you did.

·
Registered
338 Posts

I added Denali's from twisted throttle and bought piaa brackets for the fehlings and had the lights connected to the headlights-I'm quite pleased-I'll post a photo soon.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I added Denali's from twisted throttle and bought piaa brackets for the fehlings and had the lights connected to the headlights-I'm quite pleased-I'll post a photo soon.
It's not a great pic for sure (I think the flash from my camera was reflected off the fender looks like another light) but you get the idea right?
denali crash bar mounted fog lights.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts