CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long before covid my buddy and I had planned to do a ride that was in (I think) Rider magazine. It is based out of Gallup, NM and then you ride 4 loops (one per day)that sort of look like the 4 leaves of a clover. The question is: what degree of lock down is there in N.M.?? Never leave your house except for essentials? OK to go out as long as you social distance? Are motels open for business? Two of the big things I remember on the loops were Canyon de Chelley and Malipais Ice Caves. Are these areas open to the public? How about the Indian Reservations-can you still ride the scenic roads through them. Any help would be appreciated as we would still like to do this ride some time in May. Thanks, cjc

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I read that one. The scary part is this:
"The governor also said that the instruction to stay home remains in place for all individuals at this time. She also reminded New Mexicans that mass gatherings are prohibited and that the 14-day quarantine order remains in place for out-of-state airport arrivals." Of course we are not airport arrivals, but what if we get stopped and they find out we are out of state. We would probably get 14 days in a crummy Motel 6 (without cable) and 3 meals a day from the McDonalds drive thru. Luckily most of those loops are higher elevation (hopefully cooler) and my friend has a trailer so we could trailer the bikes to Gallup. We will see what shakes out on May 15th.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Your plates will identify you as out of state, and the if stopped the driver's lic. She just shut down Gallop completely. Nothing in or out. Hope they have enough food and supplies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts