CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys? How was your ride recently? Here in west Arkansas, we have had some neat, opportunistic weeks for some long trips. Recently drove from Fort Smith to Missouri and man was it nice! Hit 90 on the interstates (don’t tell the feds ) ;)

My 2014 CTX700 currently has 16,000 miles (got it at 8,000 miles in June 2020) and have had a blast so far! Recently got my endorsement as well. I’d consider myself a pretty decent rider and can definitely ride my own in long commutes. I’ve respected so many aspects of the motorcycle community, especially the CTX! Long live!

I’m hoping to keep my CTX for the future and really want it to be a reliable vehicle. I’m about to take it to a reputable delearship for some maintenance to hone its reliability. Just as the topic asks: Are there some REALLY high mileage CTX700’s out there? I’m really optimistic to run this thing until 100,000 miles or more but can’t comfortably confirm if it’s a realization or not. I think the highest I seen here was 60,000 miles? Cmon Honda, I know you’re better than this! I think non CTX riders really diss the reliability too much but I could be wrong.

Also, considering my CTX is from 2014, could I expect it to last a longer while?

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
John Cromer (jfc77320) Who was a former moderator on this forum, had 158,000 on his 2014 before he passed away. Never had the head off that engine, and it was in great shape. That bike was John's sole means of transportation, and he rode it all over Texas, in any kinds of weather.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2013 NC700x (basically same as a 2013 ctx 700 only adventured styled) with 60,000 miles on it...only maintenance has been scheduled maintenance....my 2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard has over 102,000 miles-head never been off)...bought both bikes new in their model year...

·
Registered
72 Posts
With proper maintenance you will get a ridiculous number of miles out of the CTX's engine. It is a fairly low stressed engine that Honda used on its Integra Scooter, the NC700, CTX700, and NM4. Rumor has it Honda's engineers based the design on half a Honda Fit engine. So reliability should be very good as others have mentioned. If you have a little bit or mechanical skill all of the basic / intermediate maintenance on the the engine and other parts of the motorcycle are fairly easy to perform. Only issue I had was bolt that seized up by the factory, and a couple plastic tabs on the front / rear fairing broke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts