CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sigh, the lady made me write this post lol. Anyway, she is tired sitting on the OEM seat as her rump is aching even after a one hour ride. I’m familiar with the Corbin seats but haven’t seen one in a comfy touring style. She is wanting the ones similar to the one on a Honda goldwing and other transcontinental bikes but explained to her that it’s probably not possible to find that can fit on a ctx700 due to it being a mid size cruiser. She says otherwise. She has back problems and wants to sit upright with full back support.

sorry if this post is a bit out of context but full comfort is important to her.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You'll likely end up needing to go with a full sized trunk case with back support pads to get the back support she likely is looking for. Something similar to what @BobWitte did on his trike.

As for the seat itself, you are limited to a few options: Redoing the existing seat pan at a local upholstery shop, corbin (hit or miss for comfort based on the individual), Seth Lamm (Nice balance of comfort and streamlined appearance in my opinion), or Russel Day Long (In my opinion, sacrifices streamlined appearance for ultra comfort).

·
Registered
825 Posts
She could always get her own bike...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Shad makes some trunks that have optional back rest pads. Also try some pads like Air Hawk before you redo the seat. Easy to find used.

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Shad makes some trunks that have optional back rest pads. Also try some pads like Air Hawk before you redo the seat. Easy to find used.
I agree with the Air Hawk air seat. You can find them online and they are comfy!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She could always get her own bike...
She’s not as cool as us but don’t tell her I said that!

I agree with the Air Hawk air seat. You can find them online and they are comfy!!
Hmm that sounds interesting, I’ll make sure to check it out I appreciate it!

You'll likely end up needing to go with a full sized trunk case with back support pads to get the back support she likely is looking for. Something similar to what @BobWitte did on his trike.

As for the seat itself, you are limited to a few options: Redoing the existing seat pan at a local upholstery shop, corbin (hit or miss for comfort based on the individual), Seth Lamm (Nice balance of comfort and streamlined appearance in my opinion), or Russel Day Long (In my opinion, sacrifices streamlined appearance for ultra comfort).
Very neat information, I’ve thought about seeing what’s up with Seth Lamm’s seats. Ive heard some awesome stuff about his work. I’ll check out revzilla and see what kind of trunk cases they got.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
She’s not as cool as us but don’t tell her I said that!

Hmm that sounds interesting, I’ll make sure to check it out I appreciate it!

Very neat information, I’ve thought about seeing what’s up with Seth Lamm’s seats. Ive heard some awesome stuff about his work. I’ll check out revzilla and see what kind of trunk cases they got.
I would agree with the Airhawk. Various sizes and very comfortable. I have not seen any actual touring style seats that will fit the CTX

·
Registered
2015 CTX700, 1983 GL650
21 Posts
Installed my AirHawk tonight. Medium Cruiser fits perfectly. Don’t forget to criss-cross the straps and don’t block the seat hooks. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts