CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Cee Bailey today to see if they had a windshield design for the faired CTX version.
I was surprised to find they had just completed the development and indicated it was available. Unfortunately the web guy is out this week so their site was not yet updated with a picture. I was emailed one and I will try to attach it.

I had previously used a Cee Bailey on a BMW and was pleased with the performance.
The new design incorporates an adjustable vent which in my experience on other bikes is extremely helpful in obtaining obtimum performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had an excellent Cee Baily screen on my ST1100P. I'll be ordering one of these for the CTX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was able to order it on the web site, although they do not show any pictures. I got the clear medium with the vent.

Reactions: vquiason

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What are the prices?
You can look up the windshield for thr CTX on the ceebaileys.com/honda/CTXws.html website.
The prices are 150-170, depending on the size, plus $75 if you choose the vented model.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks pretty nice. But won't help people who don't have the faired version. I'm pretty pleased with the system I've kluged together - for the time being. But it would be nice to have something that's actually designed for the bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I paid $257 for the clear medium with a vent. That includes shipping and taxes.

·
Registered
975 Posts
This is great info. Thanks for sharing and posting the pic.

I'm going to at least wait a while for the Madstad screen. Look for reviews on each on here and from owners of different models; compare prices versus performance and make a decision. Good thing about this screen is that it will be available in three different sizes, and the benefit of choosing one with a vent. It looks like I'll be on the border between a small and a medium, and they recommend to err on the short side.

I went to the Cee Bailey's website, and there is lots of specifics about their screens, picking out a size, and about how this screen in particular was designed to solve the complaints of the two, OEM screens. I'm impressed with the way it looks as if they have done some real assessments of air flow and serious engineering in the design and production of this screen. There is info on the site also about the purpose of the vent. Below is an excerpt from their website:

Cee Baileys | Honda CTX 2013-Up Windshield

Riders report the original shield to be too short. The optional tall screen provides a torso break, however it produces a disturbing amount of head buffeting. Our replacement shields pick up where the originals left off. First we incorporated winglets that extend to the faring edge for increased lower body coverage. Next we brought the trailing edge closer to the rider and made it tall enough to be effective. The result is a shield that eliminates the ram air blast and turbulence that's associated with the originals.

For the best air possible we also offer a high quality five-point Visor Vent (OEM Honda). These vents allow riders to fine tune air flow for maximum comfort while on the fly. Visor vents increase or reduce air flow in an instant. When adjusted to a high setting it pushes air up the inside of the shield for the best head stability. When switched to an open position you'll get a blast of fresh air that makes it an ideal choice for hot or humid conditions.

All shields are manufactured from cast .187 aircraft grade acrylic and are available in clear, light & dark gray tints.

Suggested Sizing is for most average body builds with stock height seats. Riders that are caught in between sizes need to determine torso and posture for best results. It is always better to be on the next shorter size if ordering dark gray (Must clearly see over the shield).

SMALL for most riders 5'5" to 5'8"
MEDIUM for most riders 5'9" to 5'11"
X-TALL for most riders 6'0" and taller

·
Registered
309 Posts
This looks pretty cool, however, I think I'll wait on the fairing version from Madstad.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I contacted Cee Bailey today to see if they had a windshield design for the faired CTX version.
I was surprised to find they had just completed the development and indicated it was available. Unfortunately the web guy is out this week so their site was not yet updated with a picture. I was emailed one and I will try to attach it.

I had previously used a Cee Bailey on a BMW and was pleased with the performance.
The new design incorporates an adjustable vent which in my experience on other bikes is extremely helpful in obtaining obtimum performance.

Do you know which size this shield is in the attachment you posted? thanks

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The windshield in the picture is the 22" version. This is per Joe Duval of Cee Bailey.

Their website though does not give heights in inches. They are small, medium and extra tall, sized according to a riders height.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
understood, was trying to compare what the shield was as far as small, med, large. thanks
According to Cee Bailey there are 3 sizes, 21, 22, and 23". I assume that's the small, medium, and large.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondered what the delivery time frame was for those who have ordered a Cee Bailey.
I should have my CTX this week and will order one.

·
Banned
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Check out the Madstad website.
Also search this forum for Madstad windscreens.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts