·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks. Nice review, except for this somewhat dumb comment:

The CTX700D is the one to get. You wouldn’t buy a smart phone and not get all the bells and whistles, now would you?
Whether you prefer automatic or traditional manual is really a personal preference and how engaged you want to be when riding. It has nothing to do with wanting bells and whistles. There is no right or wrong choice here. There is just a personal choice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks. Nice review, except for this somewhat dumb comment:

Whether you prefer automatic or traditional manual is really a personal preference and how engaged you want to be when riding. It has nothing to do with wanting bells and whistles. There is no right or wrong choice here. There is just a personal choice.
I agree with you Pete! I think that was a weird thing to say, but the review was decent.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I guess all the bells and whistles means that, in addition to choosing the automatic, we've got to load it up with all the boxes, tall windscreen, heated grips, etc. until we've turned a $7800 bike into an $11,000 bike.

Not me. I'm taking it stripped and loading it up myself when and if I think its necessary.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I got the stripped down 6speed and it was still 8050.00 out the door after taxes, license, shipping, etc etc... I will ride it for awhile before I figure what else I need. I already removed the plastic cover over the kickstand because I was scuffing it with my boot. Scuffed black plastic looks worse than no plastic at all and besides I can hit the kickstand easier now. No need to hide the frame in my mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts