CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've been lurking around these forums for about 3 months now.. most of which was just me drooling over your bikes and finally making the decision that I wanted to ride one too. I've never ridden a motorcycle in my life before so I went through the 2 day class at RideSmart http://ridesmartmotorcycle.com/. During the 10 hour ride class I was stuck on an old Honda Nighthawk that had been laid down more times than I'd like to think. I made it through the class, didn't drop the bike once, and achieved my "M" endorsement. 5 days later I bought my CTX 700nd. I'm mostly using the bike as a daily driver to work at this point. Getting in to a car now feels so bulky and slow!! At any rate, just wanted to officially say "hi" to the boards. Attached is a pic of the bike the day I bought it. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Welcome Dolfin as a new rider and to the fourm. I think you will find much here to help you with your "new to motorcycles" experience. Take it easy and build up your confidence and experience and you will be fine. Nothing beats seat time in fun and getting to know what a bike is all about.

If there are any advance classes in your area you might find them worth the costs.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome from PHX!! Union Hills at Cave Creek Rd, here. Enjoy your bike. You will find it second nature in a week or two. I dropped a Rebel in MSF Basic Rider course year back; don't feel bad. [There are two kinds of bikers: those who dropped a bike...and those who lie.]

Ride Often, Ride Safe
f

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome.

I too use my bike (CTX700 fairing, straight-shift, red) for a daily commute and have done this for only just over one year. The CTX is only my second ride. I love commuting on power two wheels. I get to work in a better mood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts