CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. No mail. In a way this is good since no more ads, and wasted paper. On the bad side there have been reports that the Post Office will be broke by June due to the lack of mail.

2. China is "up to no good". So what else is new. Reports from the fact that China developed the virus to destroy the US economy, seem to be coming on line from "major?" news sources. In any case China is definitely not giving us the whole story. Propaganda is at an all time high.

3. Covid 19 has been around since last Fall of 19 but no one noticed. That's why Californians have a built in immunity (herd immunity). Of course there are those who say the CA life style is just lethal to the virus. smog, weed, wild parties etc.

4. Empty streets. Again good, it's nice to ride without someone trying to debike you. However riding alone can be boring. Now it seems some areas have decided to block of roads, if not in use and no shopping, just shut it down.

5. First we hear about the need for ventilators, then we find there are an over abundance. Also reports have been surfacing indicating that ventilators may be more responsible for deaths since they damage the lungs. What is interesting is that no one is reported as using venti masks (up to 26%) which would be more accomodating. Some deaths may have been due to oxygen toxicity. Nothing would surprise me.

6. The more you tell millennials not to gather the more they ignore the rules. Now churches think they can gather for religious reasons, "If god wills it we all die so let's die together. Kansas Florida and now Arizona will be holding BIG (NOT ONLINE) masses in a small space. Don't forget to distance yourself. Sure. Arizona's largest church in one of the southern Phoenix suburbs, either Mesa or Queen's Creek will be holding 1000+ gathering. Maybe nobody will show.

7. Post covid world will not be the same. Everything from a dystopian world to people distancing and becoming further isolated. Of course it just could go back to normal and forget anything learned which seems to be the usual case.

8. Suddenly people have become aware that there are many without health insurance. I can almost guarantee they will again forget when this is over.

9. We will have a V shaped recovery, or a U shaped recovery or an L recovery or never recover in the current generations' existence. Predictions, predictions.

10. Wet markets will be banned throughout the world. Never happen.

I am sure you can come up with a lot more. Actually there are people now writing books about predictions. Predict enough and you are bound to get something right.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Last week they were predicting 100-240k deaths in US. Today they are saying maybe 60k. I will go out on a limb and say 20-25k

Like I said all along, this ain't ebola. Death rate similar to seasonal flu.

Reactions: Devilsfan

·
Registered
734 Posts
Seems that those who die from this are having extreme inflammatory response. That would explain why some seemingly healthy people are succumbing. Anti-inflammatory drug may be key to preventing death until a vaccine is formulated.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If something is to stay in place afterward, let it be the 6 feet away, and no hugs from people I meet for the 1st time...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I remember an old british show where the guy had a an umbrella and used it to keep the distance between him and anyone approaching. I hope that doesn't become the norm. Maybe the new greeting instead of shaking hands will be banging sticks.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You mean this guy?

RIP Patrick Macnee AKA John Steed Lived to be 93

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brits will use umbrellas, Canadians will use hockey sticks, we will use ?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Brits will use umbrellas, Canadians will use hockey sticks, we will use ?
A steady diet of baked beans and hard boiled eggs should do the trick.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Last week they were predicting 100-240k deaths in US. Today they are saying maybe 60k. I will go out on a limb and say 20-25k

Like I said all along, this ain't ebola. Death rate similar to seasonal flu.
Just to be clear, death rate is not the same as number of deaths. The rate is the percentage of deaths for the total number of people who contract the disease. Seasonal flu death rate is generally accepted to be about 0.1%. The CDC estimates the death rate for COVID-19 to be somewhere between 0.25% on the low end and 3% on the high end. Even if it ends up at the extreme low end of 0.25%, that's still a 2.5 times higher death rate for COVID-19 than for the flu.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just to be clear, death rate is not the same as number of deaths. The rate is the percentage of deaths for the people who contract the disease.
Respectfully, it is impossible to accurately state the death rate if you don't have the first clue how many people have or had the disease.

More people die from car accidents each year, should we stop driving? After all, it would save lives right?

Reactions: Northshore_Paul

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Respectfully, it is impossible to accurately state the death rate if you don't have the first clue how many people have or had the disease.

More people die from car accidents each year, should we stop driving? After all, it would save lives right?
Yes, it's too soon to accurately state death rate. But all the data collected so far points to a much higher death rate than for seasonal flu. If you want to say you "think" it's not going to be that deadly, that's fine. The current data says otherwise. Comparing car accidents to COVID-19 deaths is simplistic. Our modern society needs vehicles to function. It does not need COVID-19.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The reason we need cars is because we need to get to WORK. So we accept the risk, and do our best to mitigate...

·
Registered
554 Posts
1. No mail. In a way this is good since no more ads, and wasted paper. On the bad side there have been reports that the Post Office will be broke by June due to the lack of mail.

2. China is "up to no good". So what else is new. Reports from the fact that China developed the virus to destroy the US economy, seem to be coming on line from "major?" news sources. In any case China is definitely not giving us the whole story. Propaganda is at an all time high.

3. Covid 19 has been around since last Fall of 19 but no one noticed. That's why Californians have a built in immunity (herd immunity). Of course there are those who say the CA life style is just lethal to the virus. smog, weed, wild parties etc.

4. Empty streets. Again good, it's nice to ride without someone trying to debike you. However riding alone can be boring. Now it seems some areas have decided to block of roads, if not in use and no shopping, just shut it down.

5. First we hear about the need for ventilators, then we find there are an over abundance. Also reports have been surfacing indicating that ventilators may be more responsible for deaths since they damage the lungs. What is interesting is that no one is reported as using venti masks (up to 26%) which would be more accomodating. Some deaths may have been due to oxygen toxicity. Nothing would surprise me.

6. The more you tell millennials not to gather the more they ignore the rules. Now churches think they can gather for religious reasons, "If god wills it we all die so let's die together. Kansas Florida and now Arizona will be holding BIG (NOT ONLINE) masses in a small space. Don't forget to distance yourself. Sure. Arizona's largest church in one of the southern Phoenix suburbs, either Mesa or Queen's Creek will be holding 1000+ gathering. Maybe nobody will show.

7. Post covid world will not be the same. Everything from a dystopian world to people distancing and becoming further isolated. Of course it just could go back to normal and forget anything learned which seems to be the usual case.

8. Suddenly people have become aware that there are many without health insurance. I can almost guarantee they will again forget when this is over.

9. We will have a V shaped recovery, or a U shaped recovery or an L recovery or never recover in the current generations' existence. Predictions, predictions.

10. Wet markets will be banned throughout the world. Never happen.

I am sure you can come up with a lot more. Actually there are people now writing books about predictions. Predict enough and you are bound to get something right.
The US was over 20 trillion in debt not including unfunded liabilities before the virus and added over 2 trillion in one day. Google “how long does it take to count a trillion dollars”. It would take 31,709.9 years to count one trillion dollars counting one dollar a second. This should be included in the at home school curriculum so kids can understand the debt they will be saddled with in their future. Imagine if we started the virus on a balanced budget and sane amount of debt. Bernie Madoff is still shaking his head, wondering why he is in prison and congress is not.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
howdy
uh- i don't have a comment and that's all the news that's fit to print
ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
The US was over 20 trillion in debit not including unfunded liabilities before the virus and added over 2 trillion in one day. Google “how long does it take to count a trillion dollars”. It would take 31,709.9 years to count one trillion dollars counting one dollar a second. This should be included in the at home school curriculum so kids can understand the debit they will be saddled with in their future. Imagine if we started the virus on a balanced budget and sane amount of debit. Bernie Madoff is still shaking his head, wondering why he is in prison and congress is not.
Three times you used the word debit. The correct word is debt.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Three times you used the word debit. The correct word is debt.
Sorry, I was using the new common core spelling where intent trumps accuracy. Actualy forgot to use speel chek before posting. Stiil navigating the new format. I just found the edit button and also the huge Emoji collection. 🍹🍹🍹

·
Registered
328 Posts

You can play Russian roulette if you want but not me

1 - 20 of 138 Posts