CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Butt approved. Works as advertised for me. Large size is a good fit for the '14 OEM seat. Kind of a pain to unhook the straps every time you stop somewhere. Straps really aren't needed as the pad does not move around. Will be replacing the straps with a single quick release lanyard just to keep it tied to the bike. Wallyworld pricing was under a Benjamin.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's what I bought after my first ride over 20 minutes. I'm happy with mine too. Gradually decreasing the air volume every time I ride. I think I'm close to optimum now.

Thom

·
Registered
396 Posts
I am not experianced in these on big rides. I jumped into a saddle with one on it and felt great! Good buy

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got the same AirHawk Cruiser R Seat Pad. I had remade my seat with a wider pan and new padding and installed a backrest, it did work well but the padding made it a little high to get on and off for me. I got the AirHawk so I could remove some of the padding, lowering the seat height. I then placed the AirHawk on the re-remade seat and tested it, nice. It does add to my riding time. So I was able to use less padding and still be able to ride longer. I have now, cut it into the padding and put the cover over it, when looking at the bike you can not tell the AirHawk is under there. Today is going to be the test ride!

BTW, The less air in the AirHawk the better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought the Airhawk R pad based on many positive reviews..sent it back..if you look at ckrampers pix you can see it is too short to cover the entire seat..moving the pad forward leaves a gap in the back..moving it back forces me forward on the seat..no amount of air pressure adjustment can compensate for the undersized cushion...your results may very..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy, while not the air hawk, the gelpad i had on mine was perfect BECAUSE it left a gap for my tailbone toward the rear so i kept it forward to produce just that effect.

ken

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Don't know if I need one yet for my CTX, just had the seat reworked, but my NM4 has the worst seat I have ever sat on, and I wanted to ride over 1k this week on it. I bought a Wild Ass, a competitor, for $89. Went looking for the Air Hawk and they didn't sell it. FABULOUS! Not saying better than Air Hawk, works similar, only saying the air bladder technology is a joy!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I scored one out of ebay for 50 washingtons and now I can ride my daily 65 miles each way commute everyday without getting my rear numb... a temporary solution until I have enough dough for a seth laam upgrade. And yes, the less air the better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What size Airhawk did you buy? The Cruiser R comes in large and small.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Bought the large pad. Fits our seat well

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Some like to rework the seat and put the hawk under the leather. It would only work if the air doesn't leak out though but I did see one idea that extended the air line through the bottom of the pan. Somehow though the way they describe it says its not for women. (Poor advertising)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I hear that they are pretty decent. Will half to try one myself and see. If it doesn't work for me I know a guy here where I live that did my 76 door panels he also does good work also at a decent price.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Butt approved. Works as advertised for me. Large size is a good fit for the '14 OEM seat. Kind of a pain to unhook the straps every time you stop somewhere. Straps really aren't needed as the pad does not move around. Will be replacing the straps with a single quick release lanyard just to keep it tied to the bike. Wallyworld pricing was under a Benjamin.

Wonder what size one would need for a 2015?? You have any idea??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Never tried one. Maybe will some day but I haven't recognized a need for it. Commute is 23 miles each way and weekend rides are usually between 75-125 in a day. Did one 350 mile trip and my back and shoulders, not butt, were sore that day. I blame having a back pack with luggage on. Now have the top case to ease that but haven't done another distance like that since. Is it like my new tempur pedic mattress? Old mattress seemed fine but wife wanted a new one. When we got it I thought it was the greatest thing ever -slept like never before.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the R also. I take mostly short trips so have only used it a couple of times. Liked it. The main thing is too put just enough air in it. Too much and you roll around a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts