CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an airbag safety vest a few months ago and have been very happy with it. The quality of the materials and build belies the relatively low price. But circumstances are causing me to sell it and get another. Those circumstances are recent changes in medications needed to to keep me alive and a newly chronic situation with my left foot that has significanly cut back my overall activitity level.

Those factors have combined to pack another 20 pounds on my otherwise long standing, managable size of "petite huge" (aka XXL) moving me up to "medium huge" (at least XXXL). I have to admit that the XXL size was a bit tight to begin with, but for any length of riding time it has become downright unfomfortable now. This unwanted "growth" takes me out of the Asian sizes and plops me right in the middle of the Harley sizes. The circumstances that put me here do not appear they will abate any time soon, and at age 75 1/2 I'm quickly running out of riding years remaining. So I'm going to need another vest, now!

Here's a detailed look at the product in question:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Air-Nest-Airbag-Vest-Airnest-Hi-Visibility-CO2-Cartridge-Size-L-XXL/184071232922?_trkparms=aid=555021&algo=PL.SIMRVI&ao=1&asc=20140107095009&meid=b13b55bc5afd4acea21530d722888841&pid=100040&rk=2&rkt=9&sd=223327557544&itm=184071232922&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2046732&_trksid=p2046732.c100040.m2060

There's not a mark on the vest and it has never deployed. My price of $100 includes USPS flat rate shipping.
:nerd:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, i see that shadow moving across my life as well and appreciate your generally accepting attitude and cheerfulness.

as a result of these invitables, i'll be putting my 2014 ctx-dct with floorboards, top trunk, corbin seat, brake-away cruise,etc and service lift, helmet,removed items and everything related to motorcycles or scooter in the garage, up for sale.
not intended to hi-jack the thread, just comiserating.
ken

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
howdy, i see that shadow moving across my life as well and appreciate your generally accepting attitude and cheerfulness.

as a result of these invitables, i'll be putting my 2014 ctx-dct with floorboards, top trunk, corbin seat, brake-away cruise,etc and service lift, helmet,removed items and everything related to motorcycles or scooter in the garage, up for sale.
not intended to hi-jack the thread, just comiserating.
ken
I don't mind the hijack (done it a few times myself!!), but I'm not quitting anything, I'm just swapping out gear by compensating for uncontrolled expansion. So, don't be a woosie, stop comiserating, grab yourself one or two extra wheels to hang off your CTX and keep on riding!
>:)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, and laughing
i'm sure that after remembering my previous contributions , you realize there's much more to the story which i won't bore y'all with. anyway, spring is a good time to sell and that's what needs to be done. somebody come check the stuff out and make me an offer.
ken

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry dog but glad you got a lot of smiles for your miles-(btw what color is your corbin)?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
howdy, yeah, there were lots of views and smells and shivers between and over the lines.
my corbin is the regular not low and is just plain old black. the difference in comfort was shocking. i do have the original as well but unless i'm missing something, from here the shipping is what kills any accessory sale.
ken

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
howdy, yeah, there were lots of views and smells and shivers between and over the lines.
my corbin is the regular not low and is just plain old black. the difference in comfort was shocking. i do have the original as well but unless i'm missing something, from here the shipping is what kills any accessory sale.
ken
Yep, I've had to move a few seats around the country. If not the whole thing, it will take a mighty big chunk out of a crisp new Ben Franklin especially if it needs to ship across the Mississippi.
:crying:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts