CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, hope everyone having a good time and enjoying riding in this good weather. finally, I decided to change my air filter for my 2015 700 ctx dct . after I took everything apart and got to the filter housing, I was shocked to find engine oil in my air filter housing. please I need some help in here, any suggestions, advice for what I need to do, I will attach some pictures. thank you so much and God Bless.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you Google “oil in motorcycle air box” you will find many people have asked the same question and the most common cause is excessive amount of oil in the crankcase. If the rings were bad and you were getting blow back you would also probably see blue/ gray smoke coming out the exhaust from also burning the oil. On page 1-30 of the service manual it shows the location of the air cleaner housing drain hose and on 3-6 a picture of it under “crankcase breather” recommending you pull the plug and drain it if necessary. It may also have oil in it. Be sure and follow the oil level inspection procedure on page 3-9 exactly as worded to get the most accurate read of the oil level.
http://www.greenknights36.com/html/files/Pictures/Temp/ServiceManual.pdf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also found this link on the forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts