CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two questions about selling my 2015 ctx700n - w/ about 1700 miles, in excellent condition
would like your opinions please:

I have a Givi topbox that is very useful, but not pretty.
1. Should I take it off to make the bike prettier (as pictured below), or leave it on for usefulness?

2. Should I put it on cycletrader/craigslist, or take it to a local dealer?

Thank you very much!

!
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You can advertise it here. Your local dealer will offer around $2200. Normally private sales are around $4000, maybe 4500. It also depends on your state. In Arizona, it is difficult to sell privately.Other states they can be easy to sell with a craigslist, or local sales advertising.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't trade it in, they will pay you much less than its value. Like Athena said advertise it here or elsewhere online, that's your best bet.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I agree with earlier comments. Sell it privately. Secondly, look at selling the top box separately, either to someone who will buy your bike (as an added value or incentive), or for added money if bike buyer doesn't want it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
CYCLE - TRADER is also a good option for selling. I’d add the trunk price, and then you can reduce your asking price if a potential buyer isn’t interested in it. Buyers always like seeing a way to reduce what they pay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts