CTX 700 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’m pretty sure my biggest DCT throttle issue is me. All those years of rolling on just enough throttle while gently engaging the clutch, I was more than likely rolling on at least enough throttle while gently engaging the clutch. Nobody wants to stall his or her bike, especially on an incline or with a passenger. My “trick” with the DCT is to think about the fact that I am engaging the cutch every time I roll on the throttle from a stop and to remind myself that - no matter how gently I twist the throttle - the bike isn’t going to stall. (I do this on my pre-ride rides around the block.) After a summer of using the DCT it’s become pretty much second nature, although inclines and “feet up” stops (especially those followed by a turn) still make me want to twist a little too hard. And yes, age is definitely a factor, making relearning more difficult. Still, the DCT is a hoot, and I love it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am starting to think mine needs throttle adjusted, I find myself having to re grip and twist the throttle every now and then myself. I still need to get a manual for this bike as well. I would rather have less play and more of tighter twist response, Seems a little to loose for my liking at the moment. I do know this though rubber grip covers do make a big difference for sure on these little handle bars. Think the pair I bought were only like $10 bucks on Amazon, And of course momma wants a set on her bike as well...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went with only the Hyperpro springs up front with heavier oil. I added the Hyperpro shock to the rear. The front is acceptable, pretty good really. The rear is exceptional. For the front, the best results are being reported with two brands; Adreani cartridges, and Traxxion Dynamics cartridges (one more brand escapes me right now). I am not professing to be a suspension expert but there are guys on the VFR forum who I feel are very knowledgeable. According to those better-informed folks, the actual fork that is used, and the stiction that is inherent to those tubes, you can never get a perfect ride without changing the OEM fork. There seems to be a consensus on that point. However, the results that are achieved with those two brands is generally reported as being very good...above average, etc. Does that help at all?
Yes...thanks for taking the time....I will consider doing it ....I would have my local bike mechanic do the work ....so hopefully besides the parts it won't be too expensive. Thanks again.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes...thanks for taking the time....I will consider doing it ....I would have my local bike mechanic do the work ....so hopefully besides the parts it won't be too expensive. Thanks again.
Fork springs and rear shock are about 3.5 hours on a VFR. But, if you have farkeld the heck out of it then add an hour or two more.

·
Registered
218 Posts
PS...I have another question about upgrading the shocks. I'm only 5'4" and my feet are flat on the ground with OEM shocks...will the upgrade raise the height of my bike?

·
Registered
165 Posts
PS...I have another question about upgrading the shocks. I'm only 5'4" and my feet are flat on the ground with OEM shocks...will the upgrade raise the height of my bike?
In regard to the Hyperpro shock, no the ride height will not be changed. In regard to the springs, yes, the ride height will be changed and a 10MM adjustment is required to maintain the OEM geometry. Referring to the VFR specs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
In regard to the Hyperpro shock, no the ride height will not be changed. In regard to the springs, yes, the ride height will be changed and a 10MM adjustment is required to maintain the OEM geometry. Referring to the VFR specs.
Thanks good to know.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts