CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really don't know how to embed a video so I will see it this video shows up. Ceeteex has done one I believe. This is not a video on the CTX but it is one about the greatest motorcycle race held 1 time per year for the last 106 years.

The video is a youtube video I recently watched on the FZ-09 forum. I copied the link.

I started a new thread under Videos then clicked on the link symbol under the happy face. Then I pasted the link in the URL box then clicked OK. Once save the video screen is there ready to play it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
What in the world does this have to do with the cruisers in here? This thread is as bad as the unnecessary threads started by the admin.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What in the world does this have to do with the cruisers in here? This thread is as bad as the unnecessary threads started by the admin.
Gee, Sorry I rev'd your engine.

I guess you did not read my opening. I said it was not about CTX's but more of what steps work to post a youtube video. It happens to be one I liked to watch. You don't have to watch it.

I was asked how to do it. That is what my post is about. See the Heading.

PS: So you think the CTX is a Cruiser.... that seams very narrow minded of what the CTX is and how it is used by the owners on this forum. We all look at our bikes differently as to what they are and use them as we wish.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Personally, I found the clip fascinating. If I had not, I would have clicked off of it and moved on.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
I did not miss the title. You could have used many of the other tens of thousands of other videos and topics out there. Ex. how to ride, safety, cruisers in action, etc. or best yet, a CTX video! No offense, but the FZ-09 is wore out here-irrelevant. We all know you love the bike, but it really doesn't belong here as much as you post it, it's not even the same brand! The CTX is a Cruiser! How you prep and ride it is the users choice like every other bike, but like that video, nothing compares.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I think its more of a scooter than a cruiser, especially with an automatic transmission....but hey that is just my opinion. When I think of a cruiser I think loud V-Twin, loud pipes save lives and all...

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not miss the title. You could have used many of the other tens of thousands of other videos and topics out there. Ex. how to ride, safety, cruisers in action, etc. or best yet, a CTX video! No offense, but the FZ-09 is wore out here-irrelevant. We all know you love the bike, but it really doesn't belong here as much as you post it, it's not even the same brand! The CTX is a Cruiser! How you prep and ride it is the users choice like every other bike, but like that video, nothing compares.

There are millions of videos out there on motorcycles and the one I chose happens to be one about the oldest and most influential race in motorcycle development history. Developments implemented by all the makers today are features about safety, handling, reliability and more that you and I benefit from every time we get on any kind of motorcycle.

Now as far as me mentioning my other bikes present and past. I am guilty. I have done so like many other members. I have even posted pictures of bikes other that then one you mention. Like a Honda Super Magna, an Honda CB650. These are bikes you and other members probably have never seen so I was sharing. Granted they were Honda's but I have also talked about my Harleys and my favorite, the Honda Hawk GT. So what. No one else got upset but then I don't think you were a member then.

I get it, you don't like me talking about one of my two current bikes because why... irrelevant ?...because I like it ? Well I like my CTX. Again I think that is being narrow minded but as on any forum, you can express your opinion just as I have done and will continue to do in my own way.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
Race, that's just it, these bikes don't race at all! Mentioning bikes I or others have never seen or heard of, well they are still irrelevant as they are different animals. Lending experience is a good thing, but let's keep it on topic shall we?

BTW I own a CB650SC currently, I don't feel I need to show my biking resume for reputation~

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Race, that's just it, these bikes don't race at all! Mentioning bikes I or others have never seen or heard of, well they are still irrelevant as they are different animals. Lending experience is a good thing, but let's keep it on topic shall we?

BTW I own a CB650SC currently, I don't feel I need to show my biking resume for reputation~
I agree a CTX is not a race bike but I know that many of it's features are derived from Honda's vast experience with racing with all kinds of bikes not just sport bikes. .

A note about Your present bike; the CB650SC has many features Honda has chosen to leave off the CTX like a gas tank that is a gas tank, dual disc brakes up front, self adjusting valves, shaft drive, adjustable suspension front and back to name a few. Your bike even came with a center stand. History has a way of working on ones mind because it is experienced. When you get your CTX you will be comparing what you know was possible against what you get with the CTX. The valves must be adjusted, the chain must be adjusted and so on. It is a normal process to compare the "different animals" and that happens to be IMHO "on-topic" throughout many posts.

Wouldn't if be nice to get a modern version of your CB650. A maintenance free CTX.

·
Super Moderator
6,250 Posts
I agree a CTX is not a race bike but I know that many of it's features are derived from Honda's vast experience with racing with all kinds of bikes not just sport bikes. .

A note about Your present bike; the CB650SC has many features Honda has chosen to leave off the CTX like a gas tank that is a gas tank, dual disc brakes up front, self adjusting valves, shaft drive, adjustable suspension front and back to name a few. Your bike even came with a center stand. History has a way of working on ones mind because it is experienced. When you get your CTX you will be comparing what you know was possible against what you get with the CTX. The valves must be adjusted, the chain must be adjusted and so on. It is a normal process to compare the "different animals" and that happens to be IMHO "on-topic" throughout many posts.

Wouldn't if be nice to get a modern version of your CB650. A maintenance free CTX.
There is a modern CB, it's called the CB1100. As most things you compared, I rather not have anyway. More weight parts/maintenance. Center stand is only good for storing and heavy maintenace. I prefer chain, cheap and easy gear changes. Shocks are only good for so long anyway, but is avalible on the CTX adjustable rear. Adjusting valves are no thing on these bikes. Then you also forget the downsides of the CB, higher weight, upright seating, air cooled, high rpm torque only, carbed, naked, etc. The CB is a standard as the CTX is a cruiser, big difference! You also forget lash adjusters and the tank is not that big, it is a 4 cylinder and it drinks.

Continued: the CTX will be no surprise to me. I have been waiting for several years for a bike to fit what I am looking for. The only thing the CTX lacks what I want vs any other new bike out there within price range is a little more extra power. I have researched, tested, prepped, and equiped a long time for this bike, I'm just waiting for pick up!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Isle of Mann

Gee, Sorry I rev'd your engine.

I guess you did not read my opening. I said it was not about CTX's but more of what steps work to post a youtube video. It happens to be one I liked to watch. You don't have to watch it.

I was asked how to do it. That is what my post is about. See the Heading.

PS: So you think the CTX is a Cruiser.... that seams very narrow minded of what the CTX is and how it is used by the owners on this forum. We all look at our bikes differently as to what they are and use them as we wish.
Bill unlike our little "buddie", we own a CTX! And we have owned and appreciated the many different bikes in our lives. But, being a premium member does allow some latitude in expressing our opinion, right. However wrong.

Isle of Mann is a great worldwide event for our sport, legends were made by the riders, manufacturers and privateers who participate. Thanks for sharing the video. Post the videos anytime, don't like them? Don't hit the link, Don't like the topic, don't hit the link. Don't like our posts, go away, start your own site.

A variety of bikes is what makes us better. However, i do not consider the CTX a cruiser nor a scooter. It is just my bike.(for now). You will want that center stand, believe me.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I'll take the hit for Billnoroville... I pm'ed him to find out how to embed a vid correctly, which was the point of his post. IMHO, it's not like we have hundreds of posts to sort through every day to worry about proper categorization.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I enjoyed the video. I love Isle of Man videos. Kawasaki has a good one for the Ninja 636. I guess the spectators have to be careful crossing the street (lol)...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is this Rebel's first time on the interwebs or something? It's not charging you by the thread I promise. Calm down take some time to chill. I am not quite sure who made you the thread police. Sometimes people just want to say something to people who they have something in common with. It's not such a big deal. You can be removed from the group even if you have paid. You have done this at least one other time and quite frankly it's annoying. You are one of the reasons I barely come here any more, because there is more discussion about what belongs where in the threads than the actual bikes.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I welcome vids and talk about other bikes, as long as they are put in the proper sections for them I guess. If I don't like a particular thread, I don't read it. How hard is that?

Reactions: Armdillo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts