CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your a good welder I can PM you some detail pics. The brackets are 2" x 3" x 1/4" angle iron carved up to look nice then welded to the existing peg mounts. I got rid of the rubber cushions the peg mounts had.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
cobraguy, I knew you would engineer a solution. That's what Bikers do. they make it their own because factories only get em close to what YOU want. Only a biker takes it that last mile. That's the definition of a Biker in my head.

not everything can be had off ebay or dealers or aftermarket sellers. You want it you make it. Sharing it so others can make it too is what forums are great at.

Reactions: VFRrider

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow, I will buy some of these from you if they are for sale. I like the idea of being able to bring my feet back closer to the neutral position. Would you be interested in making some for sale?
Marci

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would buy some too!

Dalene

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looks real good Cobra! Thanks for posting up some pics for the forum. I have thought about doing this to The Magsters bike. I too will be interested in how the bike does on corners. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mini boards work great. I dragged them once but that was work. My wife isn't as aggressive. She had no issues on our trip through Yosemite and California's Gold Country.

·
Registered
37 Posts
After my first longer distance ride I think I"m going to order a set of these. They look much more comfortable than the pegs. Thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Mini Boards

Cant tell you how much I've enjoyed reading your post's and following your how to's. Sure has made life much simpler installing accessories on my CTX, Your mini board fabrication has really peeked my interest and I'm hoping you might be able to send me some basic drawings with dimensions. How have the brackets held up over time. Any complaints or issues? Thanks again!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts