CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I replaced my OEM rear shock and while I had the side panels loose, I modified my flasher unit at the same time.
Although many LED flashers are available, I modded mine with a simple resister inside the flasher using a soldering gun/iron and a 0.12 ohm 1/2 watt resister.
There is a loop of wire as shown in this picture of a flasher from another make. Remove this loop and install the resister in its place. Unfortunately the flasher cover case is well glued, so I had to cut it off and replace with a simple 35 mm film can and some sealer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
No hyperflash with LED bulbs I would assume.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The flash rate dropped back down to what one would expect. Before it was closer to 3-4 times faster.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a photo of my flasher prior to replacing that wire loop with a 0.12 ohm resistor.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Recently I replaced my OEM rear shock and while I had the side panels loose, I modified my flasher unit at the same time.
Although many LED flashers are available, I modded mine with a simple resister inside the flasher using a soldering gun/iron and a 0.12 ohm 1/2 watt resister.
There is a loop of wire as shown in this picture of a flasher from another make. Remove this loop and install the resister in its place. Unfortunately the flasher cover case is well glued, so I had to cut it off and replace with a simple 35 mm film can and some sealer. View attachment 86216 View attachment 86215
Where did you find a 35mm film can? 1995? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts