CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a honda ctx700 with less than 10k miles. Came with rear carrier rack, about 7.5x9.0 inches. Been searching for top case that will easily fit, kickstand extension, saddlebags, and dash radio. Seems like extensive on line searches and calls to Honda parts are dead ends. Any suggestions? Would like to dress it up for touring like my past goldwing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Shad cases, are what most use, although GIVI also fit. WIndshield, there are several recommended. Just think of what you want and search for a thread. A lot of parts are interchangeable with the Honda NC750 as well.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Just purchased a honda ctx700 with less than 10k miles. Came with rear carrier rack, about 7.5x9.0 inches. Been searching for top case that will easily fit, kickstand extension, saddlebags, and dash radio. Seems like extensive on line searches and calls to Honda parts are dead ends. Any suggestions? Would like to dress it up for touring like my past goldwing. Thanks.
Welcome Boomer. You should be able to make that CTX into a mini Goldwing.;) A GIVI monolock top case comes with a universal mounting plate that fits nicely on that rear carrier rack of yours. Once you buy some JFC Bracketz, you can mount most any hard saddlebags you choose. Search the saddlebag threads here for ideas. Madstad makes a good kickstand shoe. Can't help with the radio, but I'm sure someone will chime in. Share some pics of your bike.
You'll have fun on this forum. Enjoy, and ride safe.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Boomer. You should be able to make that CTX into a mini Goldwing.;) A GIVI monolock top case comes with a universal mounting plate that fits nicely on that rear carrier rack of yours. Once you buy some JFC Bracketz, you can mount most any hard saddlebags you choose. Search the saddlebag threads here for ideas. Madstad makes a good kickstand shoe. Can't help with the radio, but I'm sure someone will chime in. Share some pics of your bike.
Thanks, Professor.
Thanks Professor and Athena. For the past 22 years, I rode only in my dreams. Now, at age 65 and on chemotherapy for lymphoma, i am back riding again. Guess i am trying to relive my youth. In just 4 weeks, i bought and sold a Suzuki
burgman 650, and today sold a burgman 400. My goal was to just see if I could still ride. I missed manual transmission, absent on the scooters. Yes, I would like to make this wonderful, lightweight, nimble cruiser into a mini wing, like my past '84 Interstate. The ctx is
Uh also easy to mount, get off stand, and back up, even on slight incline. So thanks for information on accessories, all!
There are speaker grills on the faired version, so I guess a radio can be installed. Not exactly sure where it would be mounted.
Does anyone know about a heel toe shifter for manual transmission? I read about a forum member who developed one, Bob whitte. Anyone know how to contact him?

·
Registered
823 Posts
@bob witte made the heel/toe shifter but I believe he sold the last one late last year.

As for the radio, my personal opinion is to ask you to please use an in-helmet system. Bikers already get a bad enough rap from many of the idiot bikers on the road. Last thing we all need is some cager getting upset because you are a blaring your music at a stoplight...

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have a Shad SH33 top case it will fit a full face helmet and gloves-brackets are sold separately by Shad.

·
Registered
232 Posts
the case comes with mounting plate that attaches to the bracket-in nyc-if that's too far away (to cover postage) check with Bob Witte in this forum or the professor I think they have brackets that will hold a BESTEM top case (which I understand) are inexpensive and still available on Amazon.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700 DCT
21 Posts
I put on a Shad 46L case w/mount. The 46L fits two full face helmets. I was afraid at first that it might look big on the bike but it doesn't. It really looks nice. I also installed a Puig tall, smoke windscreen and a black Corbin seat. Again, it looks sharp on the Alizerin bike and makes the ride more comfortable. I installed a center stand which doesn't add to the appearance but sure helps when you want to oil the chain.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I put on a Shad 46L case w/mount. The 46L fits two full face helmets. I was afraid at first that it might look big on the bike but it doesn't. It really looks nice. I also installed a Puig tall, smoke windscreen and a black Corbin seat. Again, it looks sharp on the Alizerin bike and makes the ride more comfortable. I installed a center stand which doesn't add to the appearance but sure helps when you want to oil the chain.
A picture is worth 1000 words bro!

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS
15 Posts
Thanks Athena. Wonder if anyone installed a radio?
Im following THIS post intensely, as i ALSO just bought a 2015 CTX700 DCT, and looking to accessorize with all the bells and whistles. I already have the custom smoke Puig windshield, rear rack, and a Corbin seat. I looked into getting OEM saddlebags with stays = $775+ . I am getting the shorty exhaust pipe = $90, Im trying to get a center stand, but can't find at the moment. I have spent hours researching the WEB for the best options for audio systems. I may go with custom marine options, and do it myself on fairing grills insets. I have looked at many rear storage from Givi, cant seem to settle on one, and may opt for saddlebags first. I need to see photos of others who have made these decisions. I do wish to add extra lighting to any and all storage options i decide on......PLEASE FOLKS, KEEP OFFERING OPTIONS....thanks..

·
Registered
15 Posts
please post rear photos if possible

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im following THIS post intensely, as i ALSO just bought a 2015 CTX700 DCT, and looking to accessorize with all the bells and whistles. I already have the custom smoke Puig windshield, rear rack, and a Corbin seat. I looked into getting OEM saddlebags with stays = $775+ . I am getting the shorty exhaust pipe = $90, Im trying to get a center stand, but can't find at the moment. I have spent hours researching the WEB for the best options for audio systems. I may go with custom marine options, and do it myself on fairing grills insets. I have looked at many rear storage from Givi, cant seem to settle on one, and may opt for saddlebags first. I need to see photos of others who have made these decisions. I do wish to add extra lighting to any and all storage options i decide on......PLEASE FOLKS, KEEP OFFERING OPTIONS....thanks..
There are a couple of centerstand options, I went with the T-Rex Racing model, see CTX 700. Some people have trouble installing the spring, but if you do it right it is very easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks, maybe a stupid question (cuz i haven't looked into), but does the Center Stand replace the existing kick stand?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
An all bike accessory is an extra lock. There are disk locks but I find this one I can also use as a parking brake, and there is no way I can forget to remove it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts