CTX 700 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Forgive me for asking what might get the DUMB question of the year award, but here goes; did you always shift to neutral before turning off the ignition? Best wishes going forward.;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Ladies and Gents, I present to you, The Beast.
Got her delivered yesterday morning, and then spent the rest of the day taking her apart to install a 12V OEM socket into the dash. Then finished the night by installing a full set of AltRider Crash Bars.

This bike is intimidating.

Much taller than the CTX and the growl this bike makes is orgasmic.

I plan to take her out this afternoon and put her through her paces.

More to come.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
I sat on one of those yesterday at the dealership (..... for..... ahem...... comparison purposes only......). Very Nice!!! and a really comfortable riding position.

Reactions: flat6bagger

·
Registered
817 Posts
I love the Blacked out look.
Good on you and congrats again.
It may put you through your paces more than you will put it through it's paces.;) :)
Be careful.
Everything about this motorcycle will be new to your body and more importantly...your brain!

I am only 1 winning lottery ticket away from buying one of those.:D

Doug

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I sat on one of those yesterday at the dealership (..... for..... ahem...... comparison purposes only......). Very Nice!!! and a really comfortable riding position.
Oh Yes, the ergonomics on this bike are a treat. I had to install risers on the CTX to get a more upright position. I tended to lean forward without them. This bike starts me off in a perfect upright position. Not sure about the seat in terms of comfort....may have to invest in another Corbin seat.

John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I love the Blacked out look.
Good on you and congrats again.
It may put you through your paces more than you will put it through it's paces.;) :)
Be careful.
Everything about this motorcycle will be new to your body and more importantly...your brain!

I am only 1 winning lottery ticket away from buying one of those.:D

Doug

Thanks Doug,

I agree, it will more than likely put me through mine than the other way around.

I've been kind of anxious in regards to the seat height, hence why I ordered the low seat for it.
Alas, the dealership didn't get it in time to send it with the bike.
The pics you see are with the default seat at the low setting.

With that, I'm able to get both feet down but with my heels up.

The bike seems to have it's weight distributed differently than the CTX....like it's a little more top heavy.

It's a very different feeling in comparison to the CTX, which allowed me to bend my knees when I put my feet down.

You know, with a decent trade in, you can get this bike for a pretty good price. I financed $11800 after my trade in and putting $1000 down.

John

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Man that thing looks pretty sharp. I'll bet the exhaust as a better sound than that CTX does. Lol Looks like its got pretty good ground clearance also. Ride safe and enjoy let us know if you scrape the pegs.

My wife and I ran into a retired 71 year old army vet riding a Moto Guzzi and his wife was riding an Indian Scout he was talking about scraping the floor boards On the moto and you could tell he was telling the truth It is about the same height as the African twin is. The rubber scrapers on the floor boards were definitely worn. He said he had put in his time and now he was out to play.

Bryan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Man that thing looks pretty sharp. I'll bet the exhaust as a better sound than that CTX does. Lol Looks like its got pretty good ground clearance also. Ride safe and enjoy let us know if you scrape the pegs.

My wife and I ran into a retired 71 year old army vet riding a Moto Guzzi and his wife was riding an Indian Scout he was talking about scraping the floor boards On the moto and you could tell he was telling the truth It is about the same height as the African twin is. The rubber scrapers on the floor boards were definitely worn. He said he had put in his time and now he was out to play.

Bryan

Hey Bryan,

Awesome story about the Army Vet.

I took her out over the weekend, and boy, was it fun.

The height on this bike is considerable, I have a 32" inseam and I'm on the pads of my feet at best.

That's with the low seat option that Honda offers for this bike.

In regards to scraping pegs, I zero doubt that this machine is capable of it, I'm just not there yet.

I also need to scrub in the new tires, so I'm being careful not to get too crazy with it yet.

But let me tell you....this bike has power.

just to see what it was capable of, I opened her up a little coming back from a gas station near my house on a back road.
Now mind you, this bike has 3 Power Settings, 3 Engine Breaking settings, and 7 Traction Control Settings, as well as 4 different riding modes.

So, I opened her up, in "Tour" mode which is the most tame of them all, and I was 60+MPH.....in second gear.

She's a beast of a machine.

John

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Ladies and Gents, I present to you, The Beast.
Got her delivered yesterday morning, and then spent the rest of the day taking her apart to install a 12V OEM socket into the dash. Then finished the night by installing a full set of AltRider Crash Bars.

This bike is intimidating.

Much taller than the CTX and the growl this bike makes is orgasmic.

I plan to take her out this afternoon and put her through her paces.

More to come.
Nice ride. Congrats! I've been toying with the idea of a new ride, but being retired, all my cash flow is spoken for. I'd have to give myself a raise to make a payment. That and the fact that there's really nothing wrong with my bike. Still, I'd llove to have cruise, a better suspension and maybe even shaft drive for those multi-day road trips. Who knows what'll happen?

Reactions: JH700CTX

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Love the Africa Twin. One thing I hate, it’s the black. Personal preference, but I can’t stand all black out looks, they hide the parts of the bike, with no contrasting accents. Although I admit, the only time it looks good is on a bobber style bike. Love the white/blue/red scheme on the Africa Twin.

And what I hate is for most dealers black is the color of choice... agh. I had to get my Tiger in black because of that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Darthzod, where did you get your code reader for your ctx and how much was it?

I bought it from Amazon.
It's $22 and works with most Honda bikes I've learned.

You'll need to reference the shop manual to know the process for getting them out on the dash, but it's pretty simple.

John

81 - 100 of 113 Posts