CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've installed Kuryakyn 4357 floorboards with 8863 splines on my CTX700. Maybe the 8863 splines would work with the floorboards you've got, but without seeing the floorboards you've got, it's hard to say.
I bought the same boards,but used #8815 splines, Amazon does not list #8863. Where did you purchase yours? Mine seem to wobble around and are chrome,so I would like to try them to see if they will correct this issue.I read somewhere that they offered a "sleeve insert" . Please help! Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
8815 is correct. It is chrome, but not really noticeable once installed. Good luck finding 8863. Let us know if you find a source.

Shouldn't wobble, but they need to have enough play to fold up.
I ordered the mini floor boards and another spline set intended for Honda's(in black,no part # listed). Hopefully the minis and the other splines will fit more securely. I will send back the parts not used,or perhaps keep them and have a set for a passenger. Parts should be here next week. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought mine directly from Kuryakyn. I'd recommend that route instead of going through Amazon (which could involve a third party and possibly complicate any issues or returns).
Yeah,I did try going directly through them,but when you input the CTX to shop by model,nothing comes up.I tried other bike stores too,but Amazon seemed to be my only choice.We'll see how the mini boards fit with the other spline mounts.
The 8" ones put my foot very close to the rear brake pedal and I only have a size 10 1/2 shoe.
How long ago did you buy them?

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
You're right: They never had the CTX700 in their list of bikes. After studying the bikes they did have listed, I chose an equivalent bike, ordered that part, and crossed my fingers.

Unfortunately, that was in 2017 or 18, and I didn't write down which was my equivalent bike. I know it was a Honda, but that's all I remember. From the Kuryakyn site:

Honda: Front OEM Peg Mounts: '99-'07 1100 Shadow Spirit/Sabre, '00-'20 750 Shadow A.C.E./Aero/Phantom/RS/Spirit, '96-'07 600 Shadow VLX/Deluxe, '10-'16 VT1300 Sabre/Stateline, '04-'09 VTX1300C, '02-'08 VTX1800C/F, '96-'04 750 Magna, '09-'20 Fury

I may have based my decision on the 00-20 750 ShadowA.C.E./Aero/Phantom/RS/Spirit, the closest analogue to the CTX700DCT I could identify. Anyway, other Kuryakyn parts have similar fitments, so if you look for this list of Honda bikes, you've got a good likelihood of getting the right part.
Kind of a crap shoot isn't it?! I will update my results once my second order comes from amazon. Thanks for input!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello fellow riders!
A week ago or so,someone posted pictures of how they had modified the peg spring to be more easily installed. Now the thread seems to be gone or taken down. If you are that rider,please post again! I received the mini peg boards and put them on front for now,but still have the 8" ones. I can always move the minis to the passenger if needed. The minis do not fold at all,so I need the pivots to function after I modify the springs. Thanks for your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts