CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! Has anyone installed Harley Davidson footboards to their CTX700nd? The used pair advertised, see pic, have a fitting on the end I've never seen. - could I be opening a box of worms getting them to fit? Thanks if you're familiar with these and can offer me some sound Sports equipment Composite material Bicycle part Auto part Metal
advice!! -Peter in Montana

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The part that’s missing is the mount & pivot. It would be unique to the bike.
Thanks Philip! The footrest pics were taken directly from facebook. I haven't purchased them as yet, I need more details before spending the $70.00 or so bucks the guy wants for em'. The Forum is a perfect resource as we, collectively, have many years of experience in varying degrees over a myriad of topics. I'll shy away if it's too much hassle, i'm not one to get into fabrication, welding, or mod's requiring that level of work. Dang it, they just look comfortable!
Take care and thanks for getting back!

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've installed Kuryakyn 4357 floorboards with 8863 splines on my CTX700. Maybe the 8863 splines would work with the floorboards you've got, but without seeing the floorboards you've got, it's hard to say.
Too bad you don't live closer! When I saw these on facebook, my first thought was, "they look comfortable!" H-D is renowned for keeping things non- interchangeable, but that might not necessarily be an exclusive trait of there's! Take care and happy trails!

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree about the look, and the boards being easier on the feet. There's a shop here in town, old school, they do custom bike work exclusively, but they might be able to answer the question regarding modification if I can get pictures where these attach to the frame.

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8815 is correct. It is chrome, but not really noticeable once installed. Good luck finding 8863. Let us know if you find a source.

Shouldn't wobble, but they need to have enough play to fold up.
My question is, if they don't have play to fold up what's the result? I'm guessing the board itself might bend or the post itself would brake off perhaps?

·
Registered
CTX700DN 2014
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If you don’t get a response I was able to put my boards on without any modification to the springs. It’s been a while but I think I remember it was the same as in this video at the 5:48 minute mark.
Very helpful video, so great when a person kind find these on You Tube! Thank you for posting!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts