CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at almost 700 miles I rolled it out to wash it for the first time. This picture of the left side shows there are some things removed.
1. plastic cover by kickstand
2. rear labels on swing arm (now under seat)
3. warning label on tubular frame
4. VIN label, not removed but covered with black tape
5. Front reflectors & brackets
6. Rear reflectors & bracket (I hardly ride at night).

You might object (I won't listen...lol ) but bikes tend to reflect one's idea of what is desired.

left side.jpg

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell a big difference since you have installed the windshield on your bike when riding it?
Yes, one an always tell the difference with a windshield.

I have had the F15 windshield on my Hawk and the CTX it sits higher and blocks the wind more. Because we are in a heat wave, I have left it on to keep some of the hot air off my mesh jacket. I think it helps keep me cooler as the outside temp is hotter than my inside body temp.

I have used it in the winter time on the Hawk when temps got lower than 50. Much below 40 degrees I don't ride to work 5 miles away. When it cools down to around 80 I will take it off for awhile. If I get tired of the wind or plan a 200+ mile trip or more I may put it back on to have less wind fatigue if traveling mostly on freeways.

There are some other brands of generic windshields out there that have brackets for handlebars for the upper brackets but the lower one was the harder one to figure out.

a side note, I had a 1200C Sportster and tried 2 different Harley windshields and brackets and never got it right. I always had wind buffeting my helmet.

My VFR 800 had a low windshield so helmet got the wind like a naked bike but chest didn't so better than the 1200c. I think the CTX faring version with the low windshield will be like the VFR. Some times lower is better. I know Honda has a taller windshield available for the faired version but no sure some riders may still get some buffeting of the helmet depending on how tall they sit. Not sure if mounting will allow any variations to the angle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts