CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had my 2014 CTX DCT N for over a year now and I just today calculated my gas mileage. I'm happy to report that I get about 65 miles per gallon. Yay! Most of this tank was used commuting to and from work which is on 35 mph roads with traffic lights, so that's less than ideal for gas mileage. View attachment 89972
I've been 64.7 running hot in the twisties, 65-71 all other. Last bike, a Strom, got 42-44. Loving this girl, her names BABY. 😀😊😁😍😍🥰

·
Registered
2016 Honda CTX700 DCT
695 Posts
I haven't computed my mileage on this bike, because I've used actual mileage to gauge my efficiency: I will regularly go 195 miles before I'm looking for a gas station; and I've touched 200 miles more than once.

·
Registered
235 Posts
31,000 miles 66.63 mpg; commuting from N. Orlando to Orlando, about 15 miles into downtown. I use I-4 for about 8 miles of it. I-4 is way better now that they completed the express lanes.

fuelly.com is a great app for tracking info

·
Registered
33 Posts
31,000 miles 66.63 mpg; commuting from N. Orlando to Orlando, about 15 miles into downtown. I use I-4 for about 8 miles of it. I-4 is way better now that they completed the express lanes.

fuelly.com is a great app for tracking info
I'm not familiar with the Ctx fuel system, but on Stroms the fuel pump is cooled by surrounding gas and conscience was keep a couple bars of fuel for that purpose. Sews I start looking for fuel @ two bars, never really trusted idiot lights, and only ran out once and coasted up to the pumps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I typically get 60 to 65 mpg driving 65 to 75 mph here in Houston TX. The only time it drops is in Sport Mode - then it is a huge difference as in half. Most of my time is simply keeping up with the traffic. I have 19,000 miles on my 2014.

·
Registered
2015 Honda CTX 700 DCT ABS
3 Posts
My 2015 CTX DCT ABS had only 1100 miles on the odometer when I bought it two years ago. I was only getting me around 37 mpg average and I wasn't riding it hard at all. I drove it like that for two years because I had no idea what the mileage was supposed to be and the bike seemed to run fine. Once I saw people posting 60+mpg in this forum, I decided I needed to investigate why my mileage was so poor. I had never checked my air filter because I read it was good for 10,000 miles and it's a PITA to get to, but decided to check it anyway after seeing the gas mileage others were getting. Once pulled, I discovered an actual mouse nest had been in the filter housing restricting much of my air flow. I cleaned out the nest and replaced the air filter with a new one. My next tank of gas got me 59 mpg, so I've improved, but still not where I feel it should be. Next I'll replace the plugs and see if I can't break into the 60+mpg zone. It scares me to think that had I not joined this forum, I would have ridden another 6,000 miles before finding that mouse nest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2015 CTX DCT ABS had only 1100 miles on the odometer when I bought it two years ago. I was only getting me around 37 mpg average and I wasn't riding it hard at all. I drove it like that for two years because I had no idea what the mileage was supposed to be and the bike seemed to run fine. Once I saw people posting 60+mpg in this forum, I decided I needed to investigate why my mileage was so poor. I had never checked my air filter because I read it was good for 10,000 miles and it's a PITA to get to, but decided to check it anyway after seeing the gas mileage others were getting. Once pulled, I discovered an actual mouse nest had been in the filter housing restricting much of my air flow. I cleaned out the nest and replaced the air filter with a new one. My next tank of gas got me 59 mpg, so I've improved, but still not where I feel it should be. Next I'll replace the plugs and see if I can't break into the 60+mpg zone. It scares me to think that had I not joined this forum, I would have ridden another 6,000 miles before finding that mouse nest.
Honda astounds me with how they just run despite everything being stacked against them. The good thing is after the 1st foray into removing the tupperware it's not near the issue after that. Two things I find to mind, lift up on the front turn signal tabs to release & have a fresh set of rubber encased screen retention "nuts" (4ea).

·
Super Moderator
1,064 Posts
I did this after finding nest:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems dryer sheets tucked away in nook and crannies will help deter mice on bikes or a good mouser thats not well fed.😊

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you drive it easy and keep it under 50 you can stretch it to about 68 mpg. Highway speeds at 70 I average in the high 50ties. It truly is a very budget friendly bike and pretty rare to spot one. I haven't seen one on the road yet. Going to see how good it will do touring this month. Going from Florida to North Carolina this month. I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back 😏

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you drive it easy and keep it under 50 you can stretch it to about 68 mpg. Highway speeds at 70 I average in the high 50ties. It truly is a very budget friendly bike and pretty rare to spot one. I haven't seen one on the road yet. Going to see how good it will do touring this month. Going from Florida to North Carolina this month. I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back 😏
If you drive it easy and keep it under 60,you can get in the 80'smpg!jasperj

1 - 20 of 23 Posts