CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I purchased a 2014 Honda CTX700n, color black. The MSRP was $6, 999 + $310 destination fee + $90 doc fee = $7, 399. I paid $6, 800 out the door saving $599. I was happy with the deal.
Wow. That's a great deal. Which dealer did you get it from?

Did you include the sales tax in that price?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motorsports Nation in Plainfield, CT. No, sales tax was not included. That was my price for everything on the dealers end of it (Motorcycle, freight, prep and doc fee).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't get any local dealer to budge one dime. They want it all plus ADM (added dealer markup). Same with the Burgman 650. Next I am going to try the Honda Silverwing. Maybe I will just have to wait until the 2015 models come out. I want a new bike but I don't care what model year it is if I can get a decent price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can't get any local dealer to budge one dime. They want it all plus ADM (added dealer markup). Same with the Burgman 650. Next I am going to try the Honda Silverwing. Maybe I will just have to wait until the 2015 models come out. I want a new bike but I don't care what model year it is if I can get a decent price.
It may be your location that is dictating the pricing you are running in to.

If you were to call Chattanooga TN or another Honda Power store I think you would find the pricing to be different.

I have read on this forum that people in CA have not recieved the best deals from thier dealers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good deal. I just bought my CTX700N today, $7280 out the door from Modesto Honda Powersports in California. I'm so stoked. This is in replacement for my 2012 Ninja 650. Besides Puig and Madstad windscreens can anyone advise for other brands/ style. I would like to install one that is not to tall of a windscreen.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Wow, you and ZBB2 got some good deals. Here in the S.F. bay area they aren't giving discounts. I paid full price but am very happy with the bike.

Gruntled,

You should get a discount on a Silverwing if that is what you want to buy. Since most of us who have or have had a SWing think that they will be phased out soon. Probably replaced with the Intregra one day. Most people are getting a couple of thousand dollars off in some places. But since you are in Calif like me it may be hard to get a good savings. Good luck.

Reactions: jreitman

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I had no luck getting a discount on my bike, but then again I didn't try hard. Living in CA makes me accept paying more for everything :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts