CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I ticked over 30k miles on the old bike. I'm averaging about 10k per season, which isn't super long in my northern state.

Bike is running great. I've done oil at every 8k interval. Changed the front pads once. Changed the battery once. Two chains. Regular coolant changes and valve checks. They haven't moved since my first adjustment.

What's really impressing me are the Shinko Raven tires. These things have 9k miles on them and lots of tred left to go. They are great in the rain and in the cold and they are very reasonably priced. These tires are going to save me a lot of money over the Angle GT's which would be cooked by now and cost twice as much.

Not much else to say but I'm looking forward to my next 10k.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to add that I'm still on the original sprockets and they still look perfect. Steel isn't steel. There are many different types and there are many different types of treatments. OEM is very hard and very well made. If you're looking into replacing yours spend a few bucks and get Honda parts.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SouthEast Michigan. We had a mild winter last year. I'm hoping to keep at it into early December. If it's above 35f in the morning I ride into work.

This season I only missed one day, otherwise I rode in the worst of storms.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am aware of your location in Michigan, but was interested if you ever came south to Ontario or had other areas you would ride. A buddy did the entire Superior trip and had a great time, visiting some nice towns and cities and finding some beautiful scenery. Of course, the borders being closed for the moment limit any cross overs for the moment.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am aware of your location in Michigan, but was interested if you ever came south to Ontario or had other areas you would ride. A buddy did the entire Superior trip and had a great time, visiting some nice towns and cities and finding some beautiful scenery. Of course, the borders being closed for the moment limit any cross overs for the moment.
Only if you get caught.... :D

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great to hear of 30k miles of dependability, although we’re located in the same state, I’m lucky to get close to six months of riding due to my location on the Keweenaw peninsula. That said, riding from Copper Harbor to Grand Marais Mn is a trip everyone should do sometime.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Last week I ticked over 30k miles on the old bike. I'm averaging about 10k per season, which isn't super long in my northern state.

Bike is running great. I've done oil at every 8k interval. Changed the front pads once. Changed the battery once. Two chains. Regular coolant changes and valve checks. They haven't moved since my first adjustment.

What's really impressing me are the Shinko Raven tires. These things have 9k miles on them and lots of tred left to go. They are great in the rain and in the cold and they are very reasonably priced. These tires are going to save me a lot of money over the Angle GT's which would be cooked by now and cost twice as much.

Not much else to say but I'm looking forward to my next 10k.
You are an inspiration...I just hit 20,000 on my 2017....thanks for posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts