CTX 700 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
Looks like a great bike imo. As long as it fits you.

· Registered
74 Posts
I think Honda could care less about Harley. Honda outsells Harley worldwide by probably 20 or 30 or more to 1, although I think only the Goldwing is in the price range of a Harley bagger/cruiser bike. It may be that Honda is trying to support what a lot of their fans are asking for, that is to take the Rebel 1100 ( which has been a pretty good success, even here in the US) to another level. The bike does not fit my aging 6 foot body and I thought those tiny pegs were something they found in a parts bin. Although with aftermarket forward control, footboards, a proper windshield, and a comfortable aftermarket seat, ( 2 grand extra probably ) it just make work well for myself. It may be something I look into this winter or next, as I sure would like that dct motor.

· Registered
45 Posts
From what I've read is the 1100 came about because after owning the 300,500 Rebel they were losing customers that were ready to upgrade to a larger bike. My grandson has the manual version and rode a 4,000 mile road trip with me and his only upgrade was a Mustang seat and sissybar to strap his luggage to.
I have tried it and am 5'10" and would say anyone taller might be cramped. I also think it appeals to anyone who wants a great bike on a budget.

· Registered
104 Posts
I have a 2021 Rebel 1100 DCT and like it a lot, now that I've added forward controls, mini floorboards, wind protection, Corbin dual seat, Shad side cases, and a rear rack. Setting the cruise control between 60 & 70 mph I get 50 mpg, which drops to about 45 when riding more aggressively in the twisties.

I'm not to sure I'd want the 1100T. It looks like you're paying $1200 for the batwing fairing, and side cases. The batwing will need a larger windscreen, and the side cases are pretty small at 17.5 L each. Rather than the 1100T, I'd think about the non-bagger edition, which comes as either manual or DCT, and picking my own accessories.

It's a shame Honda didn't put on a tank with an extra gallon of gas, but there's nothing stopping us from carrying an extra gallon of gas - that's how I got my CTX across some of Utah's empty roads.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Water

· Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2021 Rebel 1100 DCT and like it a lot, now that I've added forward controls, mini floorboards, wind protection, Corbin dual seat, Shad side cases, and a rear rack. Setting the cruise control between 60 & 70 mph I get 50 mpg, which drops to about 45 when riding more aggressively in the twisties.

I'm not to sure I'd want the 1100T. It looks like you're paying $1200 for the batwing fairing, and side cases. The batwing will need a larger windscreen, and the side cases are pretty small at 17.5 L each. Rather than the 1100T, I'd think about the non-bagger edition, which comes as either manual or DCT, and picking my own accessories.

It's a shame Honda didn't put on a tank with an extra gallon of gas, but there's nothing stopping us from carrying an extra gallon of gas - that's how I got my CTX across some of Utah's empty roads.
View attachment 90274
Nice choice of color with the corbin seat. That and the shad sidecases gives a nice contrast to the all black bike. And it makes the diminutive in style Rebel more statuesque. Nicely done. How is the wind protection with the fairing and taller shield?

· Registered
104 Posts
Nice choice of color with the corbin seat. That and the shad sidecases gives a nice contrast to the all black bike. And it makes the diminutive in style Rebel more statuesque. Nicely done. How is the wind protection with the fairing and taller shield?
Wind protection is adequate, might be the best term. When I first got the bike, Honda didn't have anything other than the stock bike available, and riding at freeway speeds the wind on my chest was way too much. My current setup works enough.... In a way, I'd like a larger screen, but I also kind of like the minimalist look of it.

I'm still a fan of the CTX700, but bought the Rebel to enhance my (our) two up touring. Besides helping with better passing ability, it's DCT trans is better, the shocks are better, it's nice to have cruise control, and the extra HP puts a little extra zip in every ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts