CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is really the difference between the 2021 honda ctx700 dct abs vs 2015 honda ctx700 dct abs?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The CTX stopped being manufactured in 2018. Anything advertised with a date beyond that is a scam. There have been several on the web.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
they stoped making them , look at the rebel 1100 it also comes in auto for only $10,000.00
But it is not a CTX. I think a lot of us like the sporty design. The Rebel is a good bike, the cost is right, but 1100cc? What am I going to do with 1100 ccs. that I can't do with 700, and why do I want to go from 60 mpg, to 40mpg?

·
Registered
15 Posts
"What am I going to do with 1100 ccs. that I can't do with 700 ...."

Riding solo I feel the CTX has enough power, but when my wife & I tour together it would be nice to have a bit more power, and it would be nice to have cruise control and better shocks.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If I hadn't had the ctx id've probably gotten the new rebel. But the C does everything I want it to do plus great gas mileage. No point in trading for the rebel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"What am I going to do with 1100 ccs. that I can't do with 700 ...."

Riding solo I feel the CTX has enough power, but when my wife & I tour together it would be nice to have a bit more power, and it would be nice to have cruise control and better shocks.
I agree. A 1000 or 1300cc engine in the EXACT same CTX700 body/frame would be nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My thought for MY upgrade would be an 800cc engine in a touring capable bike, better shocks, no added weight, and foot pegs moved back a bit. The Rebel 1100 gets near some of these, but I haven's seen one yet. Maybe a better question is what other bike could be considered an upgrade from the CTX, while still sticking to the idea of a somewhat nimble touring bike? There are many bikes out there, but when you add DCT to the mix, and don't want a Gold Wing, there's not much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts