CTX 700 Forum banner

2018 CTX700 DCT Floorboards

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  opusdrums 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

After checking out the prior threads on floorboards, I think the general consensus is that the Kuryakyn 8.5" (4357) are the most ideal version to attach to the CTX. I have read on here that you need to also buy the spline adapters (8863) separately. So after a long ride yesterday and the realization that I need a second foot position, I decided to grab these off Revzilla. But I was surprised to see Revzilla says that the 8863 spline adapters don't fit the 2018 CTX700 DCT. Does anyone have any experience with this to confirm whether that's correct?

Thanks!
matt

#2 ·
"It appears Kuryakyn now sells a splined-adaptor in gloss black (8863) vs the all chrome (8815) "

It really doesn't matter which IMO since you don't notice the difference installed.

Reactions: Johnny Mack
#4 ·
Just not listed by Kuryakyn. No worries.

#6 ·
Yeah, I don’t know why they’re listed wrong like that. I bought mine from Revzilla and they’re fine.
Also, I recommend going for the black ones, unless you want chrome pieces. Everything but the exhaust is blacked out, so black floorboards will match better. I mistakenly thought there was more chrome and that the chrome floorboards would add some nice accenting, but I was wrong. They don’t look BAD, I just wish I’d gotten the black ones instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.