CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

After checking out the prior threads on floorboards, I think the general consensus is that the Kuryakyn 8.5" (4357) are the most ideal version to attach to the CTX. I have read on here that you need to also buy the spline adapters (8863) separately. So after a long ride yesterday and the realization that I need a second foot position, I decided to grab these off Revzilla. But I was surprised to see Revzilla says that the 8863 spline adapters don't fit the 2018 CTX700 DCT. Does anyone have any experience with this to confirm whether that's correct?

Thanks!
matt

·
Registered
578 Posts
"It appears Kuryakyn now sells a splined-adaptor in gloss black (8863) vs the all chrome (8815) "

It really doesn't matter which IMO since you don't notice the difference installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. On Revzilla's website both chrome and black spline adapters have the same disclaimer:

"This product DOES NOT FIT your 2018 Honda CTX700N DCT"

Maybe they're just wrong about that?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Just not listed by Kuryakyn. No worries.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
90 Posts
Yeah, I don’t know why they’re listed wrong like that. I bought mine from Revzilla and they’re fine.
Also, I recommend going for the black ones, unless you want chrome pieces. Everything but the exhaust is blacked out, so black floorboards will match better. I mistakenly thought there was more chrome and that the chrome floorboards would add some nice accenting, but I was wrong. They don’t look BAD, I just wish I’d gotten the black ones instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I don’t know why they’re listed wrong like that. I bought mine from Revzilla and they’re fine.
Also, I recommend going for the black ones, unless you want chrome pieces. Everything but the exhaust is blacked out, so black floorboards will match better. I mistakenly thought there was more chrome and that the chrome floorboards would add some nice accenting, but I was wrong. They don’t look BAD, I just wish I’d gotten the black ones instead.
Hi. I was thinking of getting these but am wondering If they difficult to install? Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CTX700 DCT, 2015 Zero SR [sold :’-( ]
90 Posts
Not really. I decided that the springs weren’t necessary, so that made it a lot easier. There’s only been a couple times that I sort of wished for the springs - mostly it never matters.

·
Registered
2014 CTX700
23 Posts
Hi everybody,

After checking out the prior threads on floorboards, I think the general consensus is that the Kuryakyn 8.5" (4357) are the most ideal version to attach to the CTX. I have read on here that you need to also buy the spline adapters (8863) separately. So after a long ride yesterday and the realization that I need a second foot position, I decided to grab these off Revzilla. But I was surprised to see Revzilla says that the 8863 spline adapters don't fit the 2018 CTX700 DCT. Does anyone have any experience with this to confirm whether that's correct?

Thanks!
matt
Here is a pic with the large board upfront and the mini boards for the passenger. For reference, the board upfront have the black adapters and the passenger boards have the chrome. Can't really tell!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts