CTX 700 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awhile back i think I read a post on the forum that the 2014 Honda CTX seat sits further away or back from the gas tank then the 2015 Honda CTX seat does. So exactly how many inches are we talking about as in inches??. I personally like my 2015 seat but I am 5'11 and could use a few more inches away from the gas tank also myself. I have a guy who can shave some of the foam off from my 2015 seat but personally would prefer that my 2015 stay factory and I just buy a 2014 seat. So my question is who sells the 2014 Honda CTX seat I really have not seen one on e bay or online. How much is the seat?? Thank You

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
howdy, actually taking some foam off is not that big a deal. gordon , of this forum, helped me tak off some foam on my '14 seat and i found it to be better but then a forum member sold me the corbin standard seat which has proven to be just right for me. i would sell the original cheap but have found the shipping to be quite expensive.
ken

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Yeah looks like I would have more room to slide my butt back on the 2014 seat then the presently 2015 seat that I have now, The 2015 seems to push me forward sometimes. I am taller my fiance is shorter. So it would be nice to have two seats in case she wants to maybe ride my CTX also some times. She presently has her own bike which is a Vulcan that she loves, Looks like we are referring to the seats "HUMP" I guess that's one ways of saying it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I am 5’11” and found I was sitting more on the slope of the seat on the 2014 rather than the flat of the seat. Putting the floor boards on it seemed to push me back on the slope even more. I prefer a stiff flat seat and found a used Corbin standard seat with back rest. Now I am sitting on the flat of the seat but when I slide back and put my back against the back rest I had to hunch over to reach the handle bars. So I put on a set of Rox Risers laid all the way back and now I can really stretch out and enjoy the back rest and slide forward when slicing thru traffic on the interstate. I cant sit on any seat or chair for more than an hour without getting up and moving so I don’t think any custom seat can cure that. The over $100 you spend on a 2014 seat might be better invested in a custom seat made to your spec’s over the winter down time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts